25th Anniversary of Babylon 5

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Crazy to think it's been that long since I was watching and enjoying this outstanding sci-fi saga on television. The Shadow/Vorlon war story line to this day is still my favorite sci-fi story of all time.
The "epic" feeling I had during the final war, and the interception by The First Ones ... man that was some good stuff.

Was anyone else really into the series? Heck, my best friend and I made a Babylon 5 Quake mod back in the day ... lol

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
I freaking loved Babylon 5. I got @Graptor into it sometime ago. He fell in love, haha. It's been a good decade since I watched it last though.

Yeah, IMHO it's heavily underrated and a must watch if you like sci-fi/space stories. There's so many great "lessons" and underlying themes through out the show as well. But the build up and culmination of the second war is just outstanding writing ... so good. I also respected the fact that it was a "5 year" story and they stuck to the original 5 year run instead of milking more out of the story.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Was anyone else really into the series?
I watched the entire series twice....and all the movies at least three times.
One of my favorite SciFi stories..... EPIC - CLASSIC.

I freaking loved Babylon 5.
Yes my friend.....and nobody ruined it like Star Wars.......

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Something about the sheer power of running a combat vessel with enough power to rotate half the mass of the ship to generate gravity.

Earth Force Destroyers rock.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Babylon 5 is one awesome sci-fy serie, I have the hole serie including the Crusade ep's, the movies and the lost tales inc. all extras and then some.
And I watch it at least once a year, call it my Babylon 5 marathon week :D

CHEERS!

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Those bloody fucks from Amazon Germany still don't provide this in Prime nor do they provide an english version and the german translation is aweful. I hate them for it. And you guys as well now because you brought this up and now I miss this show again :(

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yeah, IMHO it's heavily underrated and a must watch if you like sci-fi/space stories. There's so many great "lessons" and underlying themes through out the show as well. But the build up and culmination of the second war is just outstanding writing ... so good. I also respected the fact that it was a "5 year" story and they stuck to the original 5 year run instead of milking more out of the story.
I agree. Just wish they had time to go back in and start flushing out the next 5 years as they had the start of some great new directions especially with Garibaldi's story, the pillaging of tech after the shadows left.

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
@Blind Owl is right, and I think he even is the one who told me to watch Babylon 5. I can't believe I missed it back in the 90's. I was in a bit of a turmoil back then, having moved to Colorado in '93, and by '96 was married with a new baby. The 90's disappeared in a whirlwind. I do remember playing the original Zelda with my wife while she was pregnant. And a little bit of Wing Commander in there somewhere. 🚀 What a classic it is! Now one of my favorites. Looking forward to watching it through a second time.

I have had the pleasure of a 4 day horseback riding trip with Mr. Bruce Boxleitner in the back country of Wyoming (Butch Cassidy's old stomping grounds) in which on the second year of the trip I finally had the nerve to ask him about Babylon 5. Apparently it was one of his favorite gigs. He even graced me with some of the lines from the show, and shared fond memories of the cast, seems he stays in touch with many of them. I wish I could have recorded it, but no videos allowed. I did manage to get away with a picture though that I have permission to share.

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
Nice. I have to say while Jeffrey Sinclair (Michael O'Hare) wasn't bad it was John Sheridan (Bruce Boxleitner) who really made the show for me.
Agreed. When I watched it a couple years ago my reaction to the first season was "Oh, pretty good", then in season 2 it went to "This is great!", and I at the time attributed it to the new Captain. I thought he just melded into the part naturally and just clicked with Ivanova and Delenn perfectly. Season 2 is what hooked me for the rest of the show.

@Graptor That's pretty cool that you've met and had those conversations with Bruce.
I hesitated to ask, because I know the guys on this ride go in order to get away from every day life. And especially the Hollywood guys, they get accosted every day of their lives by people wanting to know this stuff. But finally in year 2, we were lounging with some cigars and good tequila, and conversation wandered to his work (he asked about what I do for a living, so I blame him entirely). Nothing like horses, a dirty trail, cigars and tequila (and yes, beer too, lots of beer consumed @Blind Owl !) to loosen up conversations. When I first asked, I could see his eyes light up, so I didn't mind digging deeper.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Blind Owl is right, and I think he even is the one who told me to watch Babylon 5. I can't believe I missed it back in the 90's. I was in a bit of a turmoil back then, having moved to Colorado in '93, and by '96 was married with a new baby. The 90's disappeared in a whirlwind. I do remember playing the original Zelda with my wife while she was pregnant. And a little bit of Wing Commander in there somewhere. 🚀 What a classic it is! Now one of my favorites. Looking forward to watching it through a second time.

I have had the pleasure of a 4 day horseback riding trip with Mr. Bruce Boxleitner in the back country of Wyoming (Butch Cassidy's old stomping grounds) in which on the second year of the trip I finally had the nerve to ask him about Babylon 5. Apparently it was one of his favorite gigs. He even graced me with some of the lines from the show, and shared fond memories of the cast, seems he stays in touch with many of them. I wish I could have recorded it, but no videos allowed. I did manage to get away with a picture though that I have permission to share.

View attachment 12533
1) Holy Grap, you're back! Long time no talk old boy. How the hell ya doing?
2) THIS IS AWESOME! Haha. Looks/sounds like you had a heck of a time. Kudos!
Agreed. When I watched it a couple years ago my reaction to the first season was "Oh, pretty good", then in season 2 it went to "This is great!", and I at the time attributed it to the new Captain. I thought he just melded into the part naturally and just clicked with Ivanova and Delenn perfectly. Season 2 is what hooked me for the rest of the show.

I hesitated to ask, because I know the guys on this ride go in order to get away from every day life. And especially the Hollywood guys, they get accosted every day of their lives by people wanting to know this stuff. But finally in year 2, we were lounging with some cigars and good tequila, and conversation wandered to his work (he asked about what I do for a living, so I blame him entirely). Nothing like horses, a dirty trail, cigars and tequila (and yes, beer too, lots of beer consumed @Blind Owl !) to loosen up conversations. When I first asked, I could see his eyes light up, so I didn't mind digging deeper.
Dude. This is cool. Thank for giving us this little glimpse into this experience.
Now I wanna re-watch the whole damn series.

Forgot your password?