3:10 is live!

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Any day now 3.10 will drop..... any day I swear!

@Zyloh-CIG@Zyloh-CIG said:
August 1st at 03:08

Hi Jaden! Absolutely, I don't mind at all! We are very eager to get Alpha 3.10 on the live servers, and we're getting very close. We're currently aiming for early to mid next week for publish! We'll give another status update in This Week in Star Citizen on Monday.

Reminder roadmap to dynamic server meshing:

• o7
Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Who is Unobtanium? This isn't even generated by CIG? It says right on there, Unofficial lol. Not questioning its validity I just worry when people make their own schedules, maybe he is right on, I don't know who the guy is lol.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
The evidence, so far, is they can't even get all the servers on the same build, much less get them stable.
This is what concerns me, maybe this isn't even achievable and they just can't get it to work. If that is the case they have two options, prolong the game indefinitely and basically make this a perma-alpha or dumb down the game enough to launch it, either way its a catastrophic outcome for CIG. I am not saying this is the case I am just theory crafting mind you lol.

And at this rate the PU keeps getting pushed further and further behind, so are they spinning their wheels? Are they just prioritizing SQ42? (we already know they are) I mean what is the hold up? If they can't even get SQ42 done on time and with record amounts of funding what is the problem? Covid 19 is not the major reason for the delays of SQ42, it was never going to make Q3 beta 2020, they can barely get a Patch out on time lol. So if funding and man power are not the problem its safe to say the only problem left is a technical one.

I have this sinking feeling we are going to get a very disappointing message from CIG come Q4, I hope I am wrong but something just feels off.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
From a guy that used to run QA for a 3D Graphics Company, it is doable. The build discipline, at CIG, is poor. Their QA is not doing proper regression testing. Their regression testing is, clearly, not automated. Their change log talks about fixes that, if they make it into a build which we see at all, only works for one build.

I don't care if they miss a deadline for a patch, in fact I wish they would simply drop the 4th Quarter patch altogether. I care that when they miss a deadline, what we get is crap.

The biggest problem, though, appears to be the "oh look a squirrel" method of development.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Are they planning on releasing 3.10 before 3.11 or did they say screw it lol.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
3.10 release to PU!!!
Bugs hunt season open again....

And from the patch note seams thare is a DB wipe...😭

Reactions: Phil
Forgot your password?