3.15 is going to bring a Server Wipe!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Just came here to post that Spectrum link:

It's about time! Although, I am going to miss my LightStrikes...

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I can live with it...Bought plenty of ships in game and know which ones I would buy all over again. With loot mechanics coming and a fresh start I can manage a little grind in the soon to be future :like:
Gonna miss my armor for a little while:o7:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
thank god to be honest i thought everyone was going to start with a huge advantage. Commence the bitching and whining on reddit and spectrum. they need to do these wipes at least every other patch.
Ugg. It would force me to buy some UEC. Right now my starting credit is 1k from the game package I got.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Ugg. It would force me to buy some UEC. Right now my starting credit is 1k from the game package I got.
I don't know if UEC purchases show up in game yet, they show up in my account but not in the game yet. But if you own a prospector there's a kind of free way to get some quickly... otherwise running some missions is the best way.

Reactions: Ayeteeone

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I don't know if UEC purchases show up in game yet, they show up in my account but not in the game yet. But if you own a prospector there's a kind of free way to get some quickly... otherwise running some missions is the best way.
For now but as more and more persistence elements get added to the game it's going to be more difficult to start utilizing non-starter ships at wipe due to operating costs. While my comment was meant more in jest as I have means to either mine (for now as loaner mining ships) or run bounties. I have grown complacent with the hundreds of millions aUEC in my wallet and starting out with 1k is a tad rough as it limited the purchase of armor, fps weapons, and ship upgrades like warp drives (so nice on the large traders) until enough capital is acquired to start doing the large volume trade routes and even those don't become highly profitable until you can upgrade the warp drive to significantly reduce the time.

Reactions: Vavrik

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
For now but as more and more persistence elements get added to the game it's going to be more difficult to start utilizing non-starter ships at wipe due to operating costs. While my comment was meant more in jest as I have means to either mine (for now as loaner mining ships) or run bounties. I have grown complacent with the hundreds of millions aUEC in my wallet and starting out with 1k is a tad rough as it limited the purchase of armor, fps weapons, and ship upgrades like warp drives (so nice on the large traders) until enough capital is acquired to start doing the large volume trade routes and even those don't become highly profitable until you can upgrade the warp drive to significantly reduce the time.
There is alot of things they could do to help players out such as setting a temp level of currency you start with, ships you start with, free ships for use somewhere for testing etc. but maybe their intention is they need people to go back to the basics so they can test changes such as delivery etc. it also keeps players who feel they have done everything actively playing till release.(its good for the player to because when game comes out they already know where they can go and how to profit early in the game before the masses flood those ideas.)

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Since it sounds like Reputation is going to be wiped, and those interested in high level mission running will have to start all over, let me suggest this may be a great opportunity to take notes.

If you plan to mentor anyone for any reason in things like missions, keeping a notebook the second time through the mission sequence could turn out to be invaluable.

When I was with The Wraiths in SWC, someone years before had done many dozens of very short tutorials, (often just one paragraph) and so if you read one just before going to a specific task, you had an incredible leg up. Especially people who want the end goal--to play with a specific group--but who don't like surprises, or mysteries, or riddles, and who otherwise might be turned away, can find it a huge selling point in a group that they get this sort of mentoring. And once it's written, you don't ever have to explain how to use a cutting tool again, wipe a crime stat, etc.

"Toggle off VTOL with "k" key."

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

They gotta do what they gotta do they have not finished building it yet and no one who understands the project should have issue with that. That said, I understand the few players who have ground themselves up to an 890j in game being disappointed at losing their toy. I will miss my ROC, but admittedly i have not driven it in the months of ownership so meh.

A word of caution to them basing their monetary balancing plans purely on observations of what goes on in live. It will be a handy indicator of current activity but will not reflect that which will occur once there are 1000 times more players in and interacting. Early days yet on that front.

bedoinitusa

Space Marshal
Dec 8, 2017
RSI Handle
GloomyGun
I'm goin to lose my Highlighter armor!! At least that is what another player in the PU called it. When I told him it was Test Squadron related, he said "OMG, the Org that has a gazillion members?" Was the proudest moment in my life to say NO!!! J/K I mean yes that one.🤣 Oh, on the Xeno armor lost, with it showing in the bought items of your hanger. I don't think this will be taken away with the wipe myself, I hope at least.

Reactions: GPcustoms

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Only your very first package's UEC + any UEC given as reward for campaign stretch goals over the years currently are counted in game.
AFAIK all UEC bought, or UEC coming from additional packages bought are not yet counted and shown in-game after a wipe.

Reactions: Vavrik

bedoinitusa

Space Marshal
Dec 8, 2017
RSI Handle
GloomyGun
Only your very first package's UEC + any UEC given as reward for campaign stretch goals over the years currently are counted in game.

Ok, I started with 5k because of a referral. I don't remember seeing any UeC given in my hanger selection for stretch goals. But I did purchase a 10k UeC. and I start with 15K UeC after a wipe. I do have a 20k UeC package or two also. So I am confused on your statement. Btw, me being confused is nothing abnormal so no offense.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Ok, I started with 5k because of a referral. I don't remember seeing any UeC given in my hanger selection for stretch goals. But I did purchase a 10k UeC. and I start with 15K UeC after a wipe. I do have a 20k UeC package or two also. So I am confused on your statement. Btw, me being confused is nothing abnormal so no offense.
I am confused by your reply, which led to the conclusion my post above led to some confusion 😅

Then I was wrong and only UEC coming from additional packages are not counted :)

"UEC that is part of pledge packages is not attributed to the website UEC Balance until the game has gone live "

I have like 20+ packages in hangar, but only my initial package (rear admiral) + UEC for stretch goals shows atm.

The UEC for strech goals are very old rewards, chances are that you dont have them since you backed in 2017.

Forgot your password?