3.5 Group Mining Initial Plan

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
I can see the minerals already existing being potentially shifted elsewhere but as for new minerals they shouldn't be moved to older moons. Take Taranite, it is only on Daymar currently. I could see that appearing on Lyria or Wala as they are new as they were not "discovered" yet, but I can't see the new minerals appearing on the older planets, that would make no sense as they weren't there prior

Reactions: Mich Angel

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I can see the minerals already existing being potentially shifted elsewhere but as for new minerals they shouldn't be moved to older moons. Take Taranite, it is only on Daymar currently. I could see that appearing on Lyria or Wala as they are new as they were not "discovered" yet, but I can't see the new minerals appearing on the older planets, that would make no sense as they weren't there prior
Bexalite was seeded to Cellin after it was exclusively on Arial just as an example. Things shift from patch to patch.

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
As a mining noob, are there not certain areas of a planet/moon that have higher concentrations of the minerals or is it random? For example, there is a higher percentage of Quartz on the southern hemisphere of Arial?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
As a mining noob, are there not certain areas of a planet/moon that have higher concentrations of the minerals or is it random? For example, there is a higher percentage of Quartz on the southern hemisphere of Arial?
I have good news on that front, thats one of the goals of the survey in 3.5. To more directly answer your question, mining outpost locale may have better concentrations of higher grade minerals but there doesn't seem to be any overall rules to it. Visible land features don't seem to play a part at all in determining distribution of anything as of 3.4.3 at least.

Forgot your password?