3.7 Trade Routes

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
So far
Astatine from HDMS_Woodruff to Port Olisar in a StarFarer has netted the biggest payout with a 20 min round trip for 52,671.

I've looked into the Laranite, Agricium and Medical Supplies but they all have a limit of 5000 units available for purchase or willing to buy so it doesn't seem worth it. (Laranite does net 27,350 so it might be a better option on smaller cargo ships)

Any other trade routes out there that have netted a nice profit?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Trade route change dependent on supply and demand, if you fill up to much in one place they stop taking or pay less if they have little they pay more and take more..

So same trade route won't work to many times and it will take time for it to bounce back if it get over supplied..

Trading, cargo running is a balance..

This is a map of commodity supply and demand per tick-> Not sure but think one tick is one minute, if anyone know it would be good with confirmed time for one tick.

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
This is a map of commodity supply and demand per tick-
Sure is pretty......But sooo confusing.

I have my favorite Trade Routes HOWEVER as @Mich Angel stated:
if you fill up to much in one place they stop taking or pay less if they have little they pay more and take more..
---> This is especially true for those using Caterpillars & Starfarers <---
So I keep my info secret for now..or share privately....

Note: To help keep the Economy of individual sites more active & to have more 'Fun' I often do A -> B ->C -> A type Routes.
Pays very well and I have a more enjoyable experience. Makes it seems like I am 'doing a job'.
Anyway, to each there own.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I usually do a 3-5 jump route, but it depends on what I am hauling and how much money I am spending to haul (i'm broke right now, so...not hauling much of anything)

That said, places that used to buy unlimited stuff, no longer do. Also, players on other servers can have an impact on what can be bought and sold, how much they can buy/sell, and for how much. I was sitting at a commodity station, it had 1103 units I could buy, I was waiting for the next tick. When the tick happened, I looked and there were no units to buy. Someone else had gotten it, but there was no one else at this outpost

Just be aware that you are competing against people you can't see or interact with.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Sure is pretty......But sooo confusing.

I have my favorite Trade Routes HOWEVER as @Mich Angel stated:

---> This is especially true for those using Caterpillars & Starfarers <---
So I keep my info secret for now..or share privately....

Note: To help keep the Economy of individual sites more active & to have more 'Fun' I often do A -> B ->C -> A type Routes.
Pays very well and I have a more enjoyable experience. Makes it seems like I am 'doing a job'.
Anyway, to each there own.
Ha Ha ... Yeah a bit so but not so confusing once you get that Ahaaa! moment..
But I do prefer my various as you say, I have routes´ . works much better and only way to fly it. ;) 🍻

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
One thing to know to, Ai is doing commodity trading to, we just don't see them fly around yet..
But they still do trade or store would go empty fast when players don't trade...
Easy to forget we players are a small part of the commodity trading supply.
As economy is controlled by ai's demand and supply.
So avoid large cargo hull with only one commodity and you can keep a good flow...
(( as in classic mmo farming gread do not work in star citizen ))

To succeed you need to take notes where you been how much you traded and not over fill areas.
Get it to work good need brain work, or you can wing it with fingers crossed and hope for the best and some time you get lucky.

CHEERS! 🍻

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Trade route change dependent on supply and demand, if you fill up to much in one place they stop taking or pay less if they have little they pay more and take more..

So same trade route won't work to many times and it will take time for it to bounce back if it get over supplied..

Trading, cargo running is a balance..

This is a map of commodity supply and demand per tick-> Not sure but think one tick is one minute, if anyone know it would be good with confirmed time for one tick.

CHEERS! 🍻

One tick is one minute. Also, this doesn't show locations supply/demand cap just the recharge rate towards that cap.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
One tick is one minute. Also, this doesn't show locations supply/demand cap just the recharge rate towards that cap.
Yeah and together with notes you make you would know when a place is recharged if it wasn't when you tried to pick up or deliver commodities.

🍻

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
An A B C route is when you buy an item at A, travel to B, sell it, buy another commodity, travel to C, sell the second commodity and buy a third, then travel back to A to sell that third commodity. Then you start over.
I use this a lot and generally my start point is a place I can log out in and be sure to wake back up in the same place. Grim hex, port o, Levski, etc. my first leg in the trade route usually pays for all my repairs, fuel, etc.

I do it this way since traveling empty makes no profit. It May not be a huge profit, but if I can make some (and I can usually make more than some if I design my legs right), then I will make more over time than someone who just travels back and forth to one place unless those places are very close together...

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
I a-b-c-a route and i'll share

PO - > Terra Mills HydroFarm (agriculture, shit profit but starts the run)

Terra Mills Hydrofarm -> R&R CRU-L4 ( distilled spirits )

R&R CRU-L4 -> PO ( scrap)

Rinse - Repeat

I start doing this route in my cat with 15k and by the time im back ive usually doubled, I continue this route and usually double up as i started low. I havent maxed out my cat yet due to server crashes or me crashes.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
My thinking is that is you have a hauler, even a small one, when you go somewhere, you should see if there is something to haul...
It is my understanding something like that is planned but the information accuracy will be restricted based off your reputation with the potential destinations.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
well, I have found a number of trading sites I use listing prices and I have a pretty good feel for them on my own as well.

I base my trade routes based on my Connie or my MAX. To that end, I look at the time I have available and what I want to accomplish

Today for instance, I wanted to buy some FPS mining equipment. Tools and attachments, looking to spend about 5-6k.

Took med supplies and agricultural supplies to Terra Mills, then hauled spirits to a mining outpost on Yela. From there, I picked up Astitane and Florine and headed to Levski. Sold there, bought my gear, picked up some Aluminum (Aluminium to the Brits out there), and hauled it back to Port O, which is where I like to base out of for now.

After spending a ton of money at Levski, I still make 11k after fuel and repair costs. If I wanted to and had the time, I could have stopped at Cru L5, sold the Aluminium, and purchased scrap, making even more money. While this is not a lot for the time invested, my main goal was to get the FPS mining tool. I could have just gone there and come back and be down 6k, or by doing the hauling game, be up 12k. Not a day's work.

Now, to @Deroth 's point, I think there will be "hauling' missions where you are paid a certain amount to haul a quantity of goods from one place to another. We already have that in the way of delivery missions that anyone can take. I HIGHLY recommend those missions (when working) as they can give a good return on your trip, even with a small hauler or ship with internal space like an Aurora. These give nice returns. You could even take multiples, so if there are 4-5 missions going from Crusader to ArcCorp area, that's 24-40k depending on the mission rewards.

Ninetoes

Commander
Sep 22, 2019
RSI Handle
Ninetoes
The other night I was doing an A,B,C cargo hauling run, bought some medical supplies as the B cargo,... wouldn’t sell, went to multiple locations, wouldn’t work, got frustrated, went back to PO, logged,... next day logged in, went to Levski and was able to sell them,... not sure if it was a glitch or what,...

Forgot your password?