3.9 question.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I am just curious, with the whole Idris thing coming out do you think CIG might toss in a military ship sale or a few military ships on the block so people can arm up for this monster? I hope so, if I was CIG I would definitely toss the torpedo ships on sale so people can adequately combat this beast. Maybe someone already said this not sure! :)

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If I was CIG, I'd pump up the Idris stats to make it almost impossible to beat by a server full of the players with capable ships since it's supposed to be such a massive powerhouse in the game. Wait a month of players trying & failing to defeat it without the torpedo ships with the strong enough bite, then put out that sale for those that are ravenous in wanting to take it down.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
A lot of us have access to torp ships though, with the buyback token coming up in a few days I imagine people will be swapping some loadouts. But I wanted to use mine on something else, hoping they would drop a few ships on sale with the 3.9, have to wait and see.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
If I was CIG, I'd pump up the Idris stats to make it almost impossible to beat by a server full of the players with capable ships since it's supposed to be such a massive powerhouse in the game. Wait a month of players trying & failing to defeat it without the torpedo ships with the strong enough bite, then put out that sale for those that are ravenous in wanting to take it down.
You don't want to make it to rough either or people just wont play the mission lol.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Three Tally's can knock out the Idris' shields, so seems likely to me 7-8 Tally's will kill it. And lets face it, for the bombers to be worth anything in game, something like this needs to be so.

Tally's are slow, easy to spot, and not especially well defended. If enough of them get in range of an Idris, they ought to pose a huge threat. The Argo IX only has a 9.6 km range (less than half an S3 missile), so the bombers need to get very close, and they'll be easily in range of the Idris' missiles and railgun. If they can get past all that, a wing of Tallies ought to be able to kill an Idris, IMHO.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Bad news for you guys the Idris mission has been pushed back to 4.0.

"
Arlington Bounty
As you may be aware, we’ve been testing the Idris battle with our Evocati test group. Through these tests, we’ve discovered that the mission didn’t feel as good as we wanted it to, therefore we’d like to take a bit more time to ensure battling an Idris for the first time feels great. For these reasons, we’ve moved this card to the 4.0 column. "

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Aye, in normal times, a military ship sales timed with that release seems like a fair bet.

But I have a hunch CIG might hold off on any notable ship sales until later in 2020 when hopefully the global covid crisis lets up.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
But I have a hunch CIG might hold off on any notable ship sales until later in 2020 when hopefully the global covid crisis lets up.
That does make sense as most people are dealing with a financial hardship and ship JPEGs are a luxury item. But I'm not sure even waiting until later in the year will help as most people will still be recovering from the financial hit they are taking now.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Aye, in normal times, a military ship sales timed with that release seems like a fair bet.

That does make sense as most people are dealing with a financial hardship and ship JPEGs are a luxury item. But I'm not sure even waiting until later in the year will help as most people will still be recovering from the financial hit they are taking now.
That might explain the recent Origin teaser. What better distraction to raise income for CIG with meager sales than to launch the Origin "luxury" rover concept?

• Wut
Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Well, sales are optional, I don't understand why people thinking putting sales up is a bad idea, but seeing how the Idris mission is delayed that defeats the whole purpose... meh more delays :(

Forgot your password?