3D printer up and selling space!

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Something that we all like and you can easilly make ( I think) it's a permanent price list for SC ships. Offering ships like the Aurora , Mustang, Vanguard, ... and offering 2/3 sizes and the price. That would be cool for the people and ones you have the list done, you just have to take the order and print it.
A think a lot of people would like that and we can help you get the 3d models.

Example:

+ shipping costs

And people can PM you and say: I want the Aurora size 1. I live in [insert adres here].
And then you just check the cost of the shipping and tell him the final price and wait for the confirmation.

That would be easy and fast for all of us :p
I will work on something like this, The biggest ship I can make without cutting it up and printing a part at a time is 20cm and the prices would be higher then that. But I will work on it and put something up when I have everything worked out. I do need to get some high quality models for the ships, most of when I can find on the internet are from the holo-viewer, and not the highest quality.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I will work on something like this, The biggest ship I can make without cutting it up and printing a part at a time is 20cm and the prices would be higher then that. But I will work on it and put something up when I have everything worked out. I do need to get some high quality models for the ships, most of when I can find on the internet are from the holo-viewer, and not the highest quality.
The prices and sizes were not real ones, just to make one example of list.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Don't modern 3D printers lack the fidelity required to make video game assets without major sanding / filling / detailing, these days?

Example: (I would be hesitant to pay $30 for this, but might make a fun DIY Bondo "finishing" project, as long as that is stated up front...)

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Don't modern 3D printers lack the fidelity required to make video game assets without major sanding / filling / detailing, these days?

Example: (I would be hesitant to pay $30 for this, but might make a fun DIY Bondo "finishing" project, as long as that is stated up front...)
There is some wais to make that snooze , some people take the model and us an special acid for plastic that melt it a little, and the the model turns really great.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1

It depends on your printer and if you know some tricks. I would never change for that hornet, some times you will have to do a little sanding. If you are having a ton of trouble, cut the printer in half, print from a flat side, and glue it together. That is also how you build things bigger then your print space.

Nekovala

Captain
Jul 24, 2015
RSI Handle
nekovala
I'd like to have a Constellation printed, but I cant seem to find the model, did you?

Cheers

EDIT: Found this one http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1079144 but it looks horrid or like its melting (round edges)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
TL;DR
Just wanted to shout out to my wife's uterus. The original 3D printer.
(apologies for recycled jokes. I am both old, and married, and a dad)

Reactions: Canesman

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
TL;DR
Just wanted to shout out to my wife's uterus. The original 3D printer.
(apologies for recycled jokes. I am both old, and married, and a dad)
I always thought of a uterus as more akin to an injection molding machine...

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I want a Vanguard. What's the size of it though ?
If it can be done in 2-3 sections and printed larger like 1-2ft arge I'd be willing to buy/rent your space.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?