AC crashes, not the asteroid or ramming kind...

Are you getting the "Star Citizen has stopped working" crash?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Heya - I know there's an AC forum on RSI, but I'm wondering how many people here are having issues with AC during public matches? Or how many peeps without issues? I can run free flight, solo VS, and solo racing without issue. If I play in a public match it's guaranteed I will suffer the "Star Citizen has stopped working" crash.

i7 4930k / 32GB ram / GTX 670 SLI / SSD blah blah... it's not my specs, though the 670's are a tad oldish. I have a 50 mb down 3 mb up connection. No anti virus, opened ports, firewall exceptions, no firewall. Doesn't matter if TrackIR or Voice Attack are on or off. I've run full screen / not, SLI and single, 1440 and 1080, High / Med / Low graphics settings.

Screw the numbers, I just want to complete a round.

**Now with more Poll!!

Timarien

Commander
Nov 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Timarien
You will get such an error from time to time. Everyone has that issue, the game is not done yet so it's not entirely stable.
If it gets you very time you might need to delete your Star Citizen user folder... That fixes most issues.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I'm working with a similar system, i7-3930k, 32GB, 2xGTX 670 SC+ 4GB, no SSD yet. Are your 670s running out of VRAM? I don't think they should be even if they are the 2 or 3 GB variety, but with AC being in alpha who knows what might be going on.

Other than that, it's likely to be a stability issue due to alpha status as Timarien said, and other than following his suggestion there's not much else you can do. It's alpha, there are going to be issues.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Vote is split, which is what I was looking for. So some people don't get that error at all. It makes sense, I've watched all our streamers and I see that issue rarely with them. There's no way people on the RSI site are clocking 300+ matches, 500+ kills, if they were getting booted out every round. Think I'm going to try a full reinstall next.

You will get such an error from time to time. Everyone has that issue, the game is not done yet so it's not entirely stable.
If it gets you very time you might need to delete your Star Citizen user folder... That fixes most issues.
Ya, it's not time to time unfortunately, it's everytime. I've tried deleting the USER folder for this, and that has worked for many other issues, but it doesn't help with this one.

I'm working with a similar system, i7-3930k, 32GB, 2xGTX 670 SC+ 4GB, no SSD yet. Are your 670s running out of VRAM? I don't think they should be even if they are the 2 or 3 GB variety, but with AC being in alpha who knows what might be going on.

Other than that, it's likely to be a stability issue due to alpha status as Timarien said, and other than following his suggestion there's not much else you can do. It's alpha, there are going to be issues.
I know my VRAM is pretty low, I have the 2 GB type, but the problem still shows itself when I run at lower resolutions. Ya I realise it's alpha, just not sure why some people suffer from it and others don't.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
No crash issues here, I'm running an i7-2600k, single GTX 760 2gb, and 8 gb of ram. I can count the number of times SC has crashed on me on one hand.

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
I definitely remember getting this error before but deleting the folder/reupdating everything seemed to fix it. I haven't booted it up any time recently though so I don't know if it's happening again.

Forgot your password?