Other Agriculture ships

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Hey guys,

So my younger brother and I are set on exploring the verse when the time comes and we were thinking of ways to make money as we go besides exploring itself. I thought it would be cool to bring a Vulture along with my Corsair to salvage wrecks and whatever we come across as a good addition to lining our pockets so we can fuel up and buy beer =) So we also came across the interesting idea of space farming as we will be exploring planets and coming across different markets along the way, and everyone needs plants for food, medicine, and beer. The Endeavor looks bad ass but we kind of want to bring along some smaller ships as most of the time it will just be the two of us. I have the Corsair myself, I did some research but can not seem to find anything referring to any space farming other than the Endeavor. I am sure it is too early to tell, and I am equally sure that they will probably have other options as the game progresses, but has there been any further talk on this that I may have missed, and as a side note, what are your opinions on being a space farmer?

Thanks again!

-Vash

Ryonin Shonin

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
RyoninShonin
Hey guys,

So my younger brother and I are set on exploring the verse when the time comes and we were thinking of ways to make money as we go besides exploring itself. I thought it would be cool to bring a Vulture along with my Corsair to salvage wrecks and whatever we come across as a good addition to lining our pockets so we can fuel up and buy beer =) So we also came across the interesting idea of space farming as we will be exploring planets and coming across different markets along the way, and everyone needs plants for food, medicine, and beer. The Endeavor looks bad ass but we kind of want to bring along some smaller ships as most of the time it will just be the two of us. I have the Corsair myself, I did some research but can not seem to find anything referring to any space farming other than the Endeavor. I am sure it is too early to tell, and I am equally sure that they will probably have other options as the game progresses, but has there been any further talk on this that I may have missed, and as a side note, what are your opinions on being a space farmer?

Thanks again!

-Vash
I don't think any ship other than the Endeavor has been mentioned for food production. I know Farms planet side have been mentioned. The small rotary Aeroponics enclosures seen in the planetary modules should be allowed to be placed in ships IMO. I would really like to see massive Aquaponics farms with alien fish!!!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't think any ship other than the Endeavor has been mentioned for food production. I know Farms planet side have been mentioned. The small rotary Aeroponics enclosures seen in the planetary modules should be allowed to be placed in ships IMO. I would really like to see massive Aquaponics farms with alien fish!!!
I really like this! I think CIG's vision for farming is a little incomplete at the moment. Part of that thought is the size of the farming modules for the Endeavour - it could work with aquaponics or hydroponics, but those pods aren't all that big. It feels like the vision is to have you go to a moon to build a farm. I hope that isn't what they intend.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have a feeling AI will prolly take up most of the farming/food industry but supplying it will be a huge market as for creating food I am sure we will be able to produce our own personal stuff but it brings up an interesting profession for sure, if someone could build farms and sell food to the masses I could see it being pretty lucrative.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Hey guys,

Thanks again!

-Vash
I see a future Thanos brewing.

Reactions: Vashpede and Vavrik

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Interesting topic as it doesnt come up much but could prove to be a big deal. Farming will become a huge profession if a need for sustenance to be at peak character performance remains a game concept. It will be interesting to see what ships other than the Endeavor can be converted for this. The Kraken Privateer seems set up beautifully for it: Sell food in the shops as it is grown in the ship's remaining cargo space. It could also be a solid reason to maintain a planetary base too. Now I'm thinking about where the best place for a vineyard and winery might be...

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Hey all sorry for the late response as I was on vacation!

Thanks for all the feedback and glad to see some others interested in the same topic! I guess we will just have to wait and see where they go with this as the two things I am most interested in really have minimal information, so I'll have to be patient, and they have a lot they could do with farming so I hope to see it in full bloom eventually! @Ryonin Shonin Oh now fish farming sounds pretty awesome too! I would love to collect and discover new species along the way, maybe some rare alien fish would have different properties that could provide materials for productions other than food.

Thanks again for the responses everyone! =)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Hey all sorry for the late response as I was on vacation!

Thanks for all the feedback and glad to see some others interested in the same topic! I guess we will just have to wait and see where they go with this as the two things I am most interested in really have minimal information, so I'll have to be patient, and they have a lot they could do with farming so I hope to see it in full bloom eventually! @Ryonin Shonin Oh now fish farming sounds pretty awesome too! I would love to collect and discover new species along the way, maybe some rare alien fish would have different properties that could provide materials for productions other than food.

Thanks again for the responses everyone! =)
Testies farming egg plants...

Forgot your password?