Anvil Hurricane Concept Sale - Friday February 24th

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Confirmed today on the Community Happy Hour. No word on price yet though. The original description made it out to be a fighter of some sort. I'm hoping its been re-purposed as a small salvager. There is precedent for this. The Terrapin was originally supposed to be a small miner/salvager and now its a military scanning/exploration ship.

What do you all think it will be and how much?

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
It'd be nice to get a small, one-two man salvage ship similar to the Prospector. With a name like "Hurricane" however, I'm thinking it will probably turn up as a fighter. With any luck, it'll be a contender with the Saber. As for price, I'd guess somewhere in the $170-200 range. The ship prices seem to be higher if the ship has a military application, and being an Anvil ship it's almost certain to have military applications.

Reactions: Blind Owl

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
with the name Hurricane, it could be purposed towards ripping shit apart....like a salvager
Most of the hurricanes I've seen haven't really been into taking pits and pieces off anything. Most have been more like; "Hey! I see that you've just bought a two-seater convertable. Let's see what it'd look like with a big ass pine tree on top of it!"

toomtoomX

Admiral
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
CY6_toomtoomX
Most of the hurricanes I've seen haven't really been into taking pits and pieces off anything. Most have been more like; "Hey! I see that you've just bought a two-seater convertable. Let's see what it'd look like with a big ass pine tree on top of it!"
I take it this happens frequently for you...?

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
They showed some greybox models of the Hurricane a while back, it looks like the Vulture and Viper Mk IV from Elite Dangerous had a baby.
My guess is this is still the Heavy Superiority Fighter of the UEE. I'd be surprised if much of it changed dramatically. This was too well known a craft by name beforehand. And I am pretty sure even CR was giddy about it when he spoke of it initially.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
They showed some greybox models of the Hurricane a while back, it looks like the Vulture and Viper Mk IV from Elite Dangerous had a baby.
I regularly used to fuck Vipers in my Vulture. There must be loads of hurricanes out there flying around in ED!! Jus' Sayin'....

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
To me it sounds like a heavy fighter ship. My guess it will be a very high priced ship in game as well as expensive to buy now. I don't think it will be a salvage ship since the crucible can also salvage.

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Perhaps it will be the interdictor we've been waiting for with a mass area effect

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
To me it sounds like a heavy fighter ship. My guess it will be a very high priced ship in game as well as expensive to buy now. I don't think it will be a salvage ship since the crucible can also salvage.
But the crucible is up there in price range with the reclaimer. I doubt those are going to be the ONLY 2 salvage ships.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
you know you're a serious fanboi when you say, "I don't know what it's for, but I want one!"

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
But the crucible is up there in price range with the reclaimer. I doubt those are going to be the ONLY 2 salvage ships.
The crucible is only 80m long with a crew of 4. I don't see a ship for salvaging getting any smaller due to the type of work that is needed. The mining got a small ship to go out and hunt for good deposits since your not going to want to take the Massive Orion for "Prospecting" but take the single seat prospector instead.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
The crucible is only 80m long with a crew of 4. I don't see a ship for salvaging getting any smaller due to the type of work that is needed. The mining got a small ship to go out and hunt for good deposits since your not going to want to take the Massive Orion for "Prospecting" but take the single seat prospector instead.
Crucible may not be very long, but it is very wide for a ship of its size. I think we will end up getting a single seater salvage ship.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I don't know. I would be happy either way, but I would prefer to see more occupational ships though. I think we have enough fighters for now.

Forgot your password?