Anybody planning on buying an 890J soon?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You selling one boss? Perhaps we can come to a discounted arrangement regarding the money you owe me for the constant yellow leather clad sex?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Someone remind me again the quick way to download the PTU if you haven't done it before. I'd like to take a look at one before I decide when it is out of avocado.
First make sure you copied account to PTU in your account web hangar, under "settings/public test universe"

Then to your SC installation folder, copy what is in LIVE folder to PTU folder and over write all if there is anything in there ( or make a copy of LIVE rename it PTU ).
Then in loader program chose PTU in top left pull down menu where it say LIVE and verify, this way you get all setting or any other thing you change in Live transferred to PTU.
And the update/verify is faster as you don't have to download it all.

This is the folder hierarchy/structure
FolderRSI.PNG

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I wanted one but I convinced myself not to get one. My fleet consists of mostly ships that will help out other TESTies. An Orion, a Gemini, a Carrack, a Crucible, a Hull C/E, a Pioneer, a Caterpillar, and a few capital ships. These ships can all be used to help us all earn credits so that everyone can have their own outrageous ship fleet. The 890 Jump doesn't seem to me like the kind of ship that will be getting people towards this goal.

"But Tank, what about the awesome luxury experience?"

Honestly I already have my favorite ships: The Kraken, Reclaimer, Idris, Caterpillar, and Cutlass. My pimp machine is really my Javelin because that ship puts the 890 Jump to shame in costs. The pretty textures on the Jump are amazing, but so are the textures on most of these ships. I feel like the 890 won't feel that great after a month of exploring it. I look around my 600i just as much as I look around my Reclaimer.

I'll gladly sweep the hangar for anyone that has an 890 Jump just to explore it a little.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't get this ship... What are you going to do with it, play The Love Boat?
What are you going to do with any ship? You can love it up on any craft with an interior.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I'm on the fence, but I'm leaning toward no. It looks pretty, but I find my 600i to be fairly pointless, especially after the recent nurf to its shields. The ship needs to have more features than sheer bling. I mean if we were talking long range explorer with epic shields and guns that will bruise the crap out of anybody who attacks it I might be more interested. Personally speaking, I'm just not interested in a ship that I just intended to wine and dine people in the virtual world.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I might try and buy one, play with it a bit, then melt it so I have it in buy back. But I assume any sale is gonna be another F5 war so ugh.
Naa.. Don't think you have to worry about that, the 890j have never been that limited when on sale that I seen I waited several days last sale then bought a second one next day.
Tho it was limited to concierge for buying with credits last November sale if I recall right.

🍻

Side note: but maybe that'll change now when it's actually flyable.... mm...

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Looking at the info on how it burns fuel, I would pass. I have a starliner for transport; without hard data on how the ship can make money or what it’s demonstratively better at, I can’t justify 1,000 USD. With the GST that CIG charges us Australians it’s a $1,650 AUD burn for ... bling?

Forgot your password?