Anyone else excited about *when* not if, TEST finds a Bengal?

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
When I heard about the Bengal Carriers being scattered and abandoned all over the PU I immediately thought the race would be on from day 1 from the exploration side.

Test being as huge as it is, with so many explorers, its just a matter of when, not if we find our own Bengal.

I cant wait to see how they will be operated and the uses etc.

If anyone has any links to discussions on the Bengals please share!.

*PS- I call dibs on the ship parking spot closest to the cafeteria.*

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Just so you know the first one is getting repaired enough to quantum travel to the nearest sun to be dumped in. Tears from the community will follow and empower Montoya to greater heights. TESThate will climb a million fold. We'll probably gain a LOT of new members.

We're keeping the 2nd one though.

Haggle

Commander
Donor
Nov 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Haggle
I'm hopping in my Freelancer DUR and heading out as quickly possible for reasons just like this. There's going to be cool and interesting stuff to find way out in the black, but the easily accessible interesting stuff is going to be scooped up in a matter of days.

This will only be effective if CIG's plan is to mass populate cool things early on so that the game can fill up with these resources quickly. The other option is for large prizes to randomly spawn over very long periods of time. We'll hopefully find out if rushing to explore is worth it in the PU beta.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
there will be many selfies. We shall make the world know we have this bengal, and then joyously dump it into the sun.

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
I'm hopping in my Freelancer DUR and heading out as quickly possible for reasons just like this. There's going to be cool and interesting stuff to find way out in the black, but the easily accessible interesting stuff is going to be scooped up in a matter of days.

This will only be effective if CIG's plan is to mass populate cool things early on so that the game can fill up with these resources quickly. The other option is for large prizes to randomly spawn over very long periods of time. We'll hopefully find out if rushing to explore is worth it in the PU beta.
Will definitely be tempting to just undock and head out!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Just keep in mind, if we can't dump the Bengal into the sun (game design mechanics, etc)...we're probably going to return it to the UEE for content-generation. Assuming CIG is able to make such a thing happen. :P

That would be a semi-permanent middle finger to every other org that wanted a Bengal.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Just keep in mind, if we can't dump the Bengal into the sun (game design mechanics, etc)...we're probably going to return it to the UEE for content-generation. Assuming CIG is able to make such a thing happen. :p

That would be a semi-permanent middle finger to every other org that wanted a Bengal.
I completely agree with this idea if we can't chunk it into the nearest star.

Captin_Chewie

Vice Admiral
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Captin_Chewie
Or we could sell it to another org! And then let the pirate division steal it back! Technically, "space is dang-erous". All sales are final; NO REFUNDS! Then we crash it in the nearest SUN! Hey, why not get paid and pillage. ;)

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
They say its actually impossible to crash into the sun, but we will prove them wrong.
Do the Impossible, see the invisible. Row Row fight the Powah! Touch the Untouchable, break the Unbreakable. Row Row fight the powah!

Last edited:

Pandoz

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Pandoz
Two options:
1. Crash into sun - obviously.
2. Tell everyone about it, but only after assembling an army of reclaimers to tear it apart in front of all those people...ULTIMATE SADNESS!

Reactions: Gucci

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
Two options:
1. Crash into sun - obviously.
2. Tell everyone about it, but only after assembling an army of reclaimers to tear it apart in front of all those people...ULTIMATE SADNESS!
Didn't I hear somewhere that it would take 1200 trips with a single Reclaimer to utilize all of the raw materials in one Bengal? I cant find the post though.....

Haggle

Commander
Donor
Nov 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Haggle
They say its actually impossible to crash into the sun, but we will prove them wrong.
I'm partial to a grand display of force: park it outside our main base and crash Auroras into it until it's destroyed. The propaganda potential is endless.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I'm partial to a grand display of force: park it outside our main base and crash Auroras into it until it's destroyed. The propaganda potential is endless.
We'd have to disable the shields and do it. Even then when Bengals are "wrecked" aren't they just scrap hull that can be repaired again. If that's the case it would be rather pointless.
We destroyed a Bengal with a bunch of auroras yaay! Now we have a husk sitting here waiting to be repaired... guess we better repair it again and fly it...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Didn't I hear somewhere that it would take 1200 trips with a single Reclaimer to utilize all of the raw materials in one Bengal? I cant find the post though.....
Chris did say this and depending on how long a single 'gulp' takes and how long it takes to fill a Reclaimer, it may be completely unfeasible to salvage it.

Forgot your password?