Battlefield: Hardline

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
It's like the last two Battlefield, but with some PayDay. Nothing I'm gonna play for more than a week I think.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
now my soul cries out
A yearly release, for shame
Battlefield is dead

Roelosaurus

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Roelosaurus
It's enjoyable, but feels like a mod cobbled together by an amateur team.
There are possitive things: not many bugs, good netcode (most likely because of small beta-playerpool), fair enough weapon-physics.
But no reason why they should ask full $60 price for the police skins, CTF/Rush-fused gamemode, sprays, a baseballbat and a grapplinghook though. This shouldn't be a stand-alone Battlefield tittle.
In other words: "Battlefield Hardline, the most overpriced DLC of 2014!"

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCool4433

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
There are possitive things: not many bugs, good netcode (most likely because of small beta-playerpool), fair enough weapon-physics.
But no reason why they should ask full $60 price for the police skins, CTF/Rush-fused gamemode, sprays, a baseballbat and a grapplinghook though. This shouldn't be a stand-alone Battlefield tittle.
If I'm not mistaken, it's not made by DICE.
Also, it has a "great" single-player campaign.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
well, actually, isn't everything we buy on the pledge store DLC? We don't even get a game with it yet, and yet some people are spending thousands! Makes one think about the effectiveness of marketing, does it not?

Varil Rau

Lieutenant
Jun 1, 2014
RSI Handle
Varil Rau
After the bf4 and premium on that that costed me some 120e and before that the bf3 with the same.. im not going to invest on another cashgrab.. sure they are "good" but NOTHING new. And as said, i'd hope they finish and fix the bf4 first.. Not going to touch this...

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
After the bf4 and premium on that that costed me some 120e and before that the bf3 with the same.. im not going to invest on another cashgrab.. sure they are "good" but NOTHING new. And as said, i'd hope they finish and fix the bf4 first.. Not going to touch this...

exactly BF3 + Premium was great, i played to rank colonel 40 and had a lot of fun.
then i bought BF4 + Premium prematurely... what could go wrong ?

yea....

Reactions: JoeCool4433

Kovakx

Lieutenant
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Kovakx
Truly I think BF is dead now. IT's just a question of how badly they molest the corpse. It also ashamed to say it due to what I just wrote but, if the new Battlefront game is as good as it looks, I will give EA even more money.

Kovakx

Lieutenant
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Kovakx
Sadly I agree, people will keep paying for a damaged brand, rather than stopping and making EA re-think their strategy.

However as a huge fan who has been playing most BF games since 1942 (sadly 2142 is one of the few exceptions) came out I wouldn't say 'any loyal fan', because what you suggest in an unwavering, unquestioning fan base who never question and would buy because of a brand name. EA took a big squat over the franchise when they squeezed out BF4 in the state they did.

EA's treatment of the franchise has caused a lot of ill will. Not enough though that when they release Hardline people will avoid it despite it being a re-skin for all intents and purposes. Maybe the full game will offer moe, I hope so as it's essentially the same trap I may fall into with Battlefront (as it will be on Frostbite 3 they'll have ironed all the kinks out by 2015... right...)

Does this post sound conflicted? It should!

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
so... I got into beta.

anyone else?
Origin name is Zed-Xs

(will only play a BIT of beta, like I did BF4... and not buy the game in the end, because I just can't justify spending 60$ for what I'll play only 10ish hours... I usually purchase my game using $/hour)

Forgot your password?