Best Bounty Runner

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Actually, a Stealth A fit Hawk is a Beast of a stalker. Take a look at it in Erkul, but then get in the game, fit it, fly it enough for the game engine to 'let it cool' then go sneak around. Bounty missions get boring when the target doesn't realize you are there.
When I read this I was suddenly compelled to argue for my favorite ship, below. Post yours along with the erkul loadout and say why you think the best bounty ship is. . .

1) BVRS because they kill quickly and are fast to target so easy to use. They have plenty of ammo for anything but a sniping tool, and they're not that.

2) M7A because it can't run out of ammo while sniping, and has the same pip as the BVRS, so half squeeze the trigger for hits to 6 km, and full squeeze add the BVRS from 2 km.

3) 8 Thunderbolts so you can lock from ridiculous range and fire at 10 km. In powered down or "blackout stealth" mode, you can strike out of the void and offer no opportunity for your opponent to strike back--doesn't matter the target. Nothing can see you, not even a cap ship.

4) FR-76 and Sukoran has the best of both worlds: higher shield strength than twin FR's, and higher refresh after the first 15 seconds, yet doesn't unzip your fly the way twin Sukorans do. Offers real protection from ballistics. You can fight with this for a long time and take no damage to the ship at all.

5) Eclipse Reactors--gotta have em to have real stealth. In blackout mode, this ship is so quiet you would not know if it were right next to you. I'm pretty sure this fitout on his ship is the lowest EM signature in game.

6) One Nightfall for full stealth, and one Snowpack for max cooling to be ready to enter stealth. In blackout plus Snowpack, your EM is a measly 320, and your IR will draw down twice as fast as twin Nightfalls.

7) XL-1 so you can jump past fleeing bounties and arrive before them. Even with a fast drive you have better range than most quarry.

8) Yes, you have an EMP, and in the future you can swap it out for 3 S5 torps or a squad of marines. Since other players can't know what you're carrying, and they won't chance a knife fight against an EMP,; your lack of agility vs lighter fighters in neutralized.

I just think this is the coolest, all purpose fighter in game. Note this crazy analysis--I would never have guessed the Vanguard is so powerful even against the MIS:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W_lJbtx2hI

Reactions: Ayeteeone

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I don't seem to have any issues killing most things with my freelancer mis. I often come home with most of my missiles intact too. If I really wanted to get rid of someone pronto I'd bung a few missiles at them too but it's not usually needed.

I also often use my 600i just so i can imperiously quaff champagne as my size 5 galdreens devastate everything around me.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yes, the Vanguard is a great fighter, it kills things all day long. (I have one.)
Yes, the Eclipse is extremely stealthy, but the Size 9 torps are not supposed to be good against Small and Medium Targets. (I have one.)
Yes, the MIS has forward firepower and missiles, and is a great generalist ship.
These ships are all great for killing ships.

Bounties are, eventually, going to have to be able to be taken alive.

Of the ships you guys have listed only the MIS, might be able to accept a surrender, if, and only if, we can put prisoner pods on the cargo grid.

Of the ships in store there are three that can accept prisoners, the Hawk, the Avenger Stalker, and the Cutlass Blue.

There are an additional three that have been mentioned can be used for bounty hunting, (The Constellation, the Redeemer and the Retaliator.).

The Redeemer might no longer be able to be used for bounties.

There will, likely, be additional purpose built bounty hunting ships. (Right now, unlike other professions, bounty hunting really only has starter ships.)

As I state elsewhere, don't chase current meta with real money. :)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I was going to ask if he meant bounty hunting right now or in the future, but the ships he recommended seems like he meant the current state.

In the future the best BH ship would probably be the Cutlass Blue. Although if we're going to get real silly, I think the Kraken would be best since it can carry an array of ships on it.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Agreed. I believe that for best payout, or possibly any payout, this will eventually be the way. So my 'bounty' ship right now is the Hawk as it comes with that ability. It doubles as my main PvP ship since the two applications are intertwined. It does not have a best fit yet, but I do like to run it full stealth. That may not be possible when/IF EMP becomes necessary. It is an extremely nimble ship, and the 6 hardpoints provide lots of options/lots of dps. Ask @marcsand2 :)

@Shadow Reaper I deeply appreciate the way Legacy digs into the math. I think a person who gets to know their Vanguard well, whichever version, is going to find it a satisfying ship. I run a Sentinel, usually full stealth w/fixed weapons but often playing around with different ideas to see what works, and what's changed.

Where the Vanguards and the MIS really shine is that their sensors are far better than smaller fighters. In the long run we will have to see how this plays out, but for the existing game, that difference can be exploited by a pilot running quiet.

Forgot your password?