Can you jack NPC starships........

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
The answer is....... yes, under certain circumstances anyways. Thalstan and I were out and about, decided to respond to an emergency beacon, and defended a starfarer from several waves of pirates. After which, the SF refused to depart the area and pay out the contract, naturally I boarded his vessel to discuss this calmly, like gentlemen. (Btw, use the entrance on the fuel catwalk, don't try and get in through the main door)

The pilot was completely disagreeable and an argument ensued, and while I can't say for certain what happened, it appears a full magazine was applied directly to his melon area. Well, since the ship was now unoccupied, salvage rights were enacted, unlocked the ship (and it was full of cargo) Thal piloted it back to PO with the intent of selling it all off. Ship was landed successfully at PO, but it wouldnt let us sell the cargo. We're going to wait until today to see if it shows up. The DB has had weird issues lately, for some reason I have 5 freelancers in my ship list, I only own one, and no ships where it is the loaner.

Just as a heads up, in case you pull this off with a pirate ship, This morning I got pooq'd and there was a cutlass and a caterpillar. shot down the cutty, but the caterpillar was just sitting there, boarded it, shot the pilot, drove it back to PO. As it turns out, the ship's rep matters as PO opened fire on me. Just a bit of a warning.
ScreenShot0001.jpg

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
The answer is....... yes, under certain circumstances anyways. Thalstan and I were out and about, decided to respond to an emergency beacon, and defended a starfarer from several waves of pirates. After which, the SF refused to depart the area and pay out the contract, naturally I boarded his vessel to discuss this calmly, like gentlemen. (Btw, use the entrance on the fuel catwalk, don't try and get in through the main door)

The pilot was completely disagreeable and an argument ensued, and while I can't say for certain what happened, it appears a full magazine was applied directly to his melon area. Well, since the ship was now unoccupied, salvage rights were enacted, unlocked the ship (and it was full of cargo) Thal piloted it back to PO with the intent of selling it all off. Ship was landed successfully at PO, but it wouldnt let us sell the cargo. We're going to wait until today to see if it shows up. The DB has had weird issues lately, for some reason I have 5 freelancers in my ship list, I only own one, and no ships where it is the loaner.

Just as a heads up, in case you pull this off with a pirate ship, This morning I got pooq'd and there was a cutlass and a caterpillar. shot down the cutty, but the caterpillar was just sitting there, boarded it, shot the pilot, drove it back to PO. As it turns out, the ship's rep matters as PO opened fire on me. Just a bit of a warning.
View attachment 8873
ha ha ha... That's awesome :beer: :beers:
But you shore there wasn't a pirate in one of the turrets or anywhere else on the ship?
For if there is a crim./pirate aboard your ship even if you're not one, any station with defence will attack you.
So I think it's more likely that was the case and not the ship's rep that caused the defence turret to shoot at you.

As far as I know the ship do not have a rep. but it do matter who is aboard your the own/conquered or stolen ship...
:beers:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
What he forgot to mention is that we went out in one ship. Killed some of the pirates, but then I crashed to desktop. Hybus jumps in the pilot seat (vanguard) and kills the rest, but by that time, the ship won’t hold atmosphere. So he goes over to discuss playment, plus get some O2, then proceeds to jack the ship. Meanwhile, I have finally gotten back in game and decide to pull my super hornet out and equip it with 337s, then fly out to him. We meet up at an orbital beacon, so there is no way to find my other ship, and run into a pirate caterpillar and his combat ships. We kill them (starfarer really helped strip the shields of the cat) and go to start looting the drops. Hybus backs it up so we have easy in/out and goes to open the rear door.

Then HE cashes to desktop. So I go in and try to open up the rear doors. No can do. The pilot’s body is floating right around those controls. I then take it back to olisar and it was either so shot up, the pilot kept the controls from moving correctly, or it didn’t want to land there, but I ended up bouncing around as auto land tried to park me until the pad timed out. I would have been better off parking it myself (and it handled like a couple of pigs that had been hogtied together.) while I am doing that Hybus grabbed his cargo retrieval system (cutlass) and tried to find the cat

I land, find I can’t sell the cargo, and then load up my aurora and head out. Afer 10 minutes of searching, finally find my SH floating in space, Hybus and the dead cat, but all the cargo from the cat had despawned. Oh well. At that point, it’s 40 minutes past time I need to head for bed, so we fly back to olisar and call it a night.

Fun times and a few lessons learned
Always bring a boarding party with you if you want to jack a ship. It’s silly to leave the ship you came in, so bring friends in your avenger, cutlass, Connie, or other. These people also act as cargo transfer technicians in case you mess up and it goes from boarding to salvaging.
Know where you are when you leave your ship.
Never leave the rendezvous point unless someone else in your party is there to help you find your way back
When your controls are wonky, don’t trust autoland

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
ha ha ha... That's awesome :beer: :beers:
But you shore there wasn't a pirate in one of the turrets or anywhere else on the ship?
For if there is a crim./pirate aboard your ship even if you're not one, any station with defence will attack you.
So I think it's more likely that was the case and not the ship's rep that caused the defence turret to shoot at you.

As far as I know the ship do not have a rep. but it do matter who is aboard your the own/conquered or stolen ship...
:beers:
Could have been a guy in the turret, nothing was shooting at me, but when i was walking through the ship it wouldn't let me in a turret. Same with the Starfarer's though. It gives some more interesting options to mess with. Grab some friends and see what npcs you can rob blind for fun/profit.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Now that I think about it, if we can't still sell the cargo, I wonder if you can blow up the stacked SCU with a rail gun or grenades or something, make a bit of a loot pinata.
Pooq'd? is that like pooping, but with your pinky held up in the air?
Pulled out of quantum. I saw some guy using it in chat and kinda liked it.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Now that I think about it, if we can't still sell the cargo, I wonder if you can blow up the stacked SCU with a rail gun or grenades or something, make a bit of a loot pinata.

Pulled out of quantum. I saw some guy using it in chat and kinda liked it.
so you dont have to hold your pinky up in the air all fancy?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Can confirm. The one night I actually played 3.0 (I know I'm horrible - only once Owl? Only once?!? I am ashamed) I did one of the missions to assist a Beerfarer. Same thing, I cleared the pirates (hold shit have they patched the pips yet? It took freaking forever to kill a Gladius) and the Beerfarer just sat there. So I did what any good TESTie would do and went looking for more beer. Pilot may or may not have died in a weird position in the pilots seat, but I still managed to get the Ship to Levski, where the autoland system managed to hang me up on the side of the hangar. Of course, I exited to find beer, and unfortunately wasn't able to re-enter my beloved stolen Beerfarer (on account of the door being out of my reach).

Regardless, fun times were had. I suppose I should get my ass into the PU sooner rather than later.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
How did you immobilize the Vanguard? How did you board it? If you took it from a pirate, why does it not show up in your inventory? Did you exit and reenter to see if it would stay where it was parked after you left?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
The vanguard was my spawned ship. The starfarer was the one the OP acquired.

Doesn’t show up because it is not yours.

Was unable to re-enter the ship as I could not lower the cargo door. Everything was locked and the pilots dead body kept me from using the switch

Forgot your password?