"Chasing Sunsets": Our team's (Arts&Crafts) entry into CIG's Tumbril Cyclone Commercial contest

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

This is our team's entry, "Chasing Sunsets", into the Star Citizen Tumbril Cyclone Commercial Contest on the RobertsSpaceIndustries.com website. The video had to focus on one of the Cyclone variants (Base, TR, RC, RN & AA), had to be no longer than two minutes and use only original or official Star Citizen music, sound, and imagery. All footage in our video was recorded in-game by us at 3440x1440 (21:9). All sound effects are either directly from the game or part of the original score.

We chose to highlight the Cyclone-RC; the racing version of the Cyclone line. Our concept was to highlight the speed and durability of the RC through the fanciful story of a man chasing sunsets through the multiple environments and terrain found on the planet Hurston.

Here is our entry on Spectrum:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/tumbril-cyclone-commercial-contest-submissions-1/1920359

Arts&Crafts is DamnShame, Utho Riley & me (Hasgaha)

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
That's an amazing pitch, makes me want to go out and buy one
The RC is a lot of fun to drive... really fast and the boost makes it even better.

you probably won't win because they can't give you guys all the prizes
but you deserve to
It's funny, but that's an honest discussion I have with my team at the beginning of every commercial contest. We are fully aware of the fact that these contests are marketing & community engagement... contests usually are. Each time we win, we probably make it harder for ourselves to win the next one because it is discouraging to the community if the same groups keep winning. But that's why we always push ourselves to do even better than last time. We're not only competing with the other great entries, we're competing with ourselves. Regardless of the outcome, we are VERY happy with how this commercial turned out.

Great vstuff! Makes me want one!
You should get one... RC's are very fun

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
As good as always.
Thanks!!

I upvoted, was very well done and I enjoyed it
Thanks man!

My favorite parts are the facial animations. FOIP is really going to let us create some truly amazing stuff.
FOIP is still VERY rough and hard to work with. But in small, quick cuts, it can be incredibly useful and help add emotion to a scene while hiding the glitching, twitching and general "stroke faces" that occur. But as it improves, yeah, this is gonna be huge for content creation. Right now though, it's a gamble. Some people find it incredibly awkward in it's current state and they'd rather not see it at all right now.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Thanks!!

Thanks man!

FOIP is still VERY rough and hard to work with. But in small, quick cuts, it can be incredibly useful and help add emotion to a scene while hiding the glitching, twitching and general "stroke faces" that occur. But as it improves, yeah, this is gonna be huge for content creation. Right now though, it's a gamble. Some people find it incredibly awkward in it's current state and they'd rather not see it at all right now.
Yeah I can understand that. It definitely makes a difference right now to have a high end camera. I have a logitech brio and the 60fps is way better for smoothness than the logitech 922 i used to use.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Yeah I can understand that. It definitely makes a difference right now to have a high end camera. I have a logitech brio and the 60fps is way better for smoothness than the logitech 922 i used to use.
Oh nice! Yeah, I'm pulling this off with a Logitech C615 that I bought three years ago. Perhaps it's time for an upgrade.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Oh nice! Yeah, I'm pulling this off with a Logitech C615 that I bought three years ago. Perhaps it's time for an upgrade.
Yeah, capture FPS from the camera hardware side of things, makes a world of difference! Let me know if you ever need a stunt double for your shots! I know how to mouth words too! :like:

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Yeah, capture FPS from the camera hardware side of things, makes a world of difference! Let me know if you ever need a stunt double for your shots! I know how to mouth words too! :like:
I appreciate the offer for FOIP help but I'm pretty sure FOIP is still only client-side. For example, if you smile, I don't see it on my screen. Only you see your FOIP stuff UNLESS it's on the comms video call.

• Drunk
Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?