CIG Soxyfox email shows tons of charts and data from concierge backers

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
For those of you without self-control, like myself, within the Star Citizen backer ranks of concierge and beyond....
The new Concierge CIG person (not sure of her title) Soxyfox combined all of the survey data she took last year in November
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/7/thread/soxyfox-meet-and-greet/3542953
She published the results via the Concierge News Letter earlier tonight.
In the email, she wrote the survey received almost 8,500 responses. And nearly 3,000 concierge backers took the time to write detailed suggestions.
Here are the questions and charts, the email is incredibly extensive so I will leave the massive walls of text details for you to view via that email.

Question One: Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the Chairman's Club program?
unnamed.png

Question Two: Which Chairman's Club perks have you used or interacted with? (Please choose all that apply.)
unnamed (1).png

Question Three: Which Chairman's Club perks do you like? (Please choose all that apply.)
unnamed (2).png

Question Four: Which single Chairman's Club perk do you like most?
unnamed (3).png

Question Five: Which Chairman's Club perk do you think most needs to be improved?
unnamed (4).png

Question Six: Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the level of communication you receive for the Chairman's Club program?
unnamed (5).png

Question Seven: Which of the following would improve your satisfaction with the level of communication?
unnamed (6).png

Question Eight: What would enhance your Chairman's Club experience the most?
unnamed (7).png

Being that the most voted thing for improvement was the concierge in-game rewards, SoxyFox started a spectrum thread for more feedback.
I took the liberty to start a detailed feedback post about the in-game rewards combining opinions of whoever replies that make sense.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/7/thread/2020-chairman-s-club-survey-follow-up-in-game-rewa/3772179
The largest consensus is the notion of converting all Executive skins to equipable paints and adding some variety to executive paint options.

I, of course, made sure to request an executive Aurora be added to the in-game reward tiers.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Wow, not a chairman member, but this survey is interesting, I hope that the outcome bring CIG to introduuce more in-game reword, not only for chairman club, but as an overall feature for several in-game event and mission.
The first thing that came in my mind is a pecial skin for Daymar relly team for each category, both for the partecipant and a special variant for winners... another could be some skins or armor for the varius badge earned in mini-game CIG has released, how for example a special armor skin that complement the Nightrunner skin of the MSR??

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
I found the results to ver underwhelming, to be honest, felt like the majority are happy with the status quo. I feel anyone who wants improvements gets labeled entitled. I've spent a small fortune on this game-project-idea than any other game ever and I'd like to feel better valued by the company for that, however, I don't even feel valued by the community when I even suggest that. Too many white knights in concierge that make it the cesspit it is.

I voted on your suggestion because I felt it was a great one.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
For those of you without self-control, like myself, within the Star Citizen backer ranks of concierge and beyond....
The new Concierge CIG person (not sure of her title) Soxyfox combined all of the survey data she took last year in November
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/7/thread/soxyfox-meet-and-greet/3542953
She published the results via the Concierge News Letter earlier tonight.
In the email, she wrote the survey received almost 8,500 responses. And nearly 3,000 concierge backers took the time to write detailed suggestions.
Here are the questions and charts, the email is incredibly extensive so I will leave the massive walls of text details for you to view via that email.

Question One: Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the Chairman's Club program?
View attachment 20164

Question Two: Which Chairman's Club perks have you used or interacted with? (Please choose all that apply.)
View attachment 20163

Question Three: Which Chairman's Club perks do you like? (Please choose all that apply.)
View attachment 20162

Question Four: Which single Chairman's Club perk do you like most?
View attachment 20161

Question Five: Which Chairman's Club perk do you think most needs to be improved?
View attachment 20160

Question Six: Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the level of communication you receive for the Chairman's Club program?
View attachment 20159

Question Seven: Which of the following would improve your satisfaction with the level of communication?
View attachment 20158

Question Eight: What would enhance your Chairman's Club experience the most?
View attachment 20157

Being that the most voted thing for improvement was the concierge in-game rewards, SoxyFox started a spectrum thread for more feedback.
I took the liberty to start a detailed feedback post about the in-game rewards combining opinions of whoever replies that make sense.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/7/thread/2020-chairman-s-club-survey-follow-up-in-game-rewa/3772179
The largest consensus is the notion of converting all Executive skins to equipable paints and adding some variety to executive paint options.

I, of course, made sure to request an executive Aurora be added to the in-game reward tiers.
Dude a black and gold Aurora would be godlike.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It will be interesting to see where the club goes from here. In the past it was just a "thank you" but as time has passed and the ranks have swelled beyond all recognition with people like myself who have put their hobby spend into this rather than whatever it was I used to spend my play money on, I would not be surprised if it had to change and adapt with the times - it's been a long time coming :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You all want to make me spend more money! haha
In the words of the Glorious Montoya "You only need to spend $45 for a game package" he went on to say "But make sure it's the Aurora one the Mustang is lame."

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
as a dyed-in-the-wool cheapskate

I DGAF about the feelings of the Whales
I think most Whales don't GAF about the feelings of other Wailes either. The Chairmans Club/Concierge is in an odd position - it was originally, as far as I can work out, implemented as a sincere gesture of thanks to the most committed of backers and began with a very small pool of people who dumped over $1k into a game which in all respects may not have been completed, at a time where putting your hobby spend into a computer game would have had you sent to a psychiatrist. It was a different time.

But as time went on and SC game became playable and looked more likely to become a reality, and companies like EA had business models which got people used to to buying a game then continue to spend on it as a hobby rather than a one-off purchase, the ranks of those who had spent over the threshold started to swell.

So you have two angles on the club - one angle is of a time when it was a real risk to become a member and the commitment was one of backing a start-up which might not have completed the project. The other angle is people have made pledging part of their spare time and put their hobby spend cash into it and have adopted it into their very lives as a priority for money they could be doing something else with... There are probably a lot of other angles too depending on a person and their perspectives and circumstances etc.

There are a lot of established age-old-dyed-in-the-wool Whales who think it's what was originally created and are sick of seeing Johnny-come-lateleys rolling up. You also have Whales who have committed a lot of their spare income to the project over a long timescale who, it could be argued, have put in way more of their available funds in than a guy who dropped $1k in 2012 and then pledged no more. Both have contributed greatly to SC in their own ways, and you have some who are both early big backers and continuing backers... A minority of Whales become Wails, who are very vocal about something with the added weight that they have dropped a tonne of dough on the project. They are not all Wailing about the same things though.

There is obviously a desire to update the Club or they would not have approached the members for their viewpoints - I don't envy the person with that task, how can you create something to appeal to everyone when they all have a different viewpoint of what it actually is... It's a bit like with SC, when we all backed we'd seen the dream but all had a slightly different interpretation of it. Even with the best intentions in the world when SC is finally finished, there are going to be some disappointed backers who didn't get their vision.

Last edited:

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
Even with the best intentions in the world when SC is finally finished, there are going to be some disappointed backers who didn't get their vision.
This bit alone right here is the most overlooked reality in this game. Similar to people's expectations of Cyberpunk 2077, what they thought they'd be able to do and will be able to do are so far apart it amazes me they thought it would be possible.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This bit alone right here is the most overlooked reality in this game. Similar to people's expectations of Cyberpunk 2077, what they thought they'd be able to do and will be able to do are so far apart it amazes me they thought it would be possible.
I'm lucky everything I expected was surpassed when they put in life sized planets. :like:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
...to the most committed of backers and began with a very small pool of people who dumped over $1k into a game....
So when spectrum first started in 2017
^ my first time making it into a CIG video

The concierge then was very, well, cool.
Then around 2018, if you subscribed since the beginning and only had a starter ship, you got into concierge as your billing got to 1,000.
Did the math, $1000 - $45 = $955 / $20 = 47.75 / 12 = 3.78 years of $20 subscriptions.

So then we ended up with a bunch of people that either were not big spenders, or from enough time and concepts that $1000 was no longer that much of a big deal.
The attitude in concierge shifted to being more like #general chat sometime shortly later.

That mixed with the fact project trust generally improved, more people spending hundreds, concierge blew up with memberships.

I have two thoughts on this.
Either CIG set the bar too low for the concierge...
or
CIG should add a new membership type to give the more serious spenders a community that is not annoyingly filled with "gamer" kids spending their allowance money.

Forgot your password?