DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I got fired up when @August shared this video
But not like angry at the concern reddit post...
as bored was reading off what the person wrote....
I actually kept nodding and agreeing with the Redditor...
I am like... well damn... that is a 100% reasonable argument.

And now back to our regular routine of waiting for ... stuff.. and the upcoming ROC sale

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I got fired up when @August shared this video
But not like angry at the concern reddit post...
as bored was reading off what the person wrote....
I actually kept nodding and agreeing with the Redditor...
I am like... well damn... that is a 100% reasonable argument.

And now back to our regular routine of waiting for ... stuff.. and the upcoming ROC sale
what is an ROC sale

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
18min?

No offense to Boredgamer who is a lovely man, but he can take a single sentence and stretch them into a 5hr video.

Can you give me the summary?
Honestly have been seeing this a lot from him lately, really taking any ounce of content to the limit which really reduces the quality in my opinion. Even saw a period of about 3 or 4 videos a day or short period of time that could have been condensed into one video with higher quality content.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
im to lazy to goto reddit to read it can you sum it up?
Fix Bugs
Make more gameplay loops
Make the PU stable before releasing it.
Create seperate smaller Servers for different gameplay loops

maybe (?) take a a break from the current cycle and take the time to bring the existing systems to meet the new standards, before moving along and breaking things again.
(He is bringing an example with the color of the Mobiglass is probably set static)

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hvz26j View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hvz26j/a_ctosenior_software_devs_take_on_star_citizen/

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Honestly have been seeing this a lot from him lately, really taking any ounce of content to the limit which really reduces the quality in my opinion. Even saw a period of about 3 or 4 videos a day or short period of time that could have been condensed into one video with higher quality content.
Yea, its mainly because he was waiting for 3.10 for so long that he had no content to put out. Its his main source of income too so I can understand why he felt the need to get 'anything out'.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Yea, its mainly because he was waiting for 3.10 for so long that he had no content to put out. Its his main source of income too so I can understand why he felt the need to get 'anything out'.
Well, I do understand why he feels.like doing it now, but he was doing this for a long time. Honestly I just read the titles now and don't watch him cos he spins everything into such a long video that even simple things become convoluted by the end, and sometimes even outright wrong. Case in point his video about the ship skins and how they work, and can they be reapplied. It was like 15 minutes and he got it wrong by the end, confusing ppl even more.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
To play the devil's advocate, I actually prefer Bored's videos over Noobifiers unless I am rushed for time.
I enough listening to long-form content in the background while I do stuff.

I am more or less just trying to make a joke about actually agreeing with a concern post for once...
getting riled up by it... and then moving on to waiting again for the bloody ROC to release..
Does anyone see the humor in that?
oh, the humanity!

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
Someone said whiskey! I say that as I sit here and drink soju.
But from what I gather people are angry that game is not where it should be or random stuff gets put in in lieu of the core mechanics. (I.E. refueling in space via the beerfeerer.) So focus on the core game then systems then "extra stuff"?

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Someone said whiskey! I say that as I sit here and drink soju.
But from what I gather people are angry that game is not where it should be or random stuff gets put in in lieu of the core mechanics. (I.E. refueling in space via the beerfeerer.) So focus on the core game then systems then "extra stuff"?
I have the impression that most people are just pissed of by the lack of communication. Not that they are communicating too little.

But announcing issues, problems and now concepts proactive, in advance isn't their strength.
Latest example: delayed SQ42 Video and news
others:
The change of the citcon stream to a paid one
Delays of major Game Systems etc.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
I stopped reading after he mentioned his concerns about UI and Inventory. Both of these systems are being reworked from the ground up (Building blocks and Personal Inventory). They have been in developement for quite a while. Building blocks are implemented shortly (related to ship hud rebuilds we see in ptu right now and elevator panels in 3.11 - they talked about moby glass updates being possible because of it just today in SC Live). Personal Inventory doesn't seem that far out any more in it's entirety as (we already have elements of it in the game and it's mostly waiting for I-Cash). The author might be a little late with his concerns...

Last edited:

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I actually watched a few of his video's on the more technical side, he has some good points to make, he brings up several valid concerns from a technical side and explains why there are so many issues with the game and stuff being added or taken away.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
To play the devil's advocate, I actually prefer Bored's videos over Noobifiers unless I am rushed for time.
I enough listening to long-form content in the background while I do stuff.

I am more or less just trying to make a joke about actually agreeing with a concern post for once...
getting riled up by it... and then moving on to waiting again for the bloody ROC to release..
Does anyone see the humor in that?
oh, the humanity!
There's no laugh emote! Why is there no laugh emote?! I see the humor Gunny, I SEE IT!

Forgot your password?