Coordinates: How to get to Benny Henge

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
these should also work
Yela : 641.2km ; GrimHEX : 254.6km ; Nakamura valley : 361.2km ; Koso Basin : 709.4km

WARNING: a lot of gankers are hanging around in the area...be safe! Travel with a buddy (or 10).
Time to dust off the Ghost..

Reactions: Chip Hazzard

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
BE AWARE!!!
I've seen different guys in chat last night claiming that having/using that helmet give you a CS5...
Not sure,, may be a bug, but be prepared to possible conseguences.

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Is anyone on now / later today to help get a noob there?
Suggestion:
Dont' hask for this things, just log into Discord Guilded and looks for anyone there, I can guarantee that any TESTies will be happy to help!
If not PM me and we could have a session of training (also add me to the SC contact, so you can find me if I'm online and join the same server)

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The helmets, as of now, haven't been delivered so fa, so it may be just rumor / prank. The link below has Zylo commenting this!
Yea, I suppose it could be something like that... I mean: SC is full of stange bug, but if true this will be the weirdest one.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Thinking about offering on-demand quantum beacons to Benny Henge after Saturday.
I'll spawn one of my ships with a bed and just log off there and when someone needs a beacon I can login and invite to party.
Anyone can do this.
It is a pain in the butt to find even with good directions.
I wasted too much time on Thursday trying to find it on my own.
Party beacons and quantum there is the best way.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Thinking about offering on-demand quantum beacons to Benny Henge after Saturday.
I'll spawn one of my ships with a bed and just log off there and when someone needs a beacon I can login and invite to party.
Anyone can do this.
It is a pain in the butt to find even with good directions.
I wasted too much time on Thursday trying to find it on my own.
Party beacons and quantum there is the best way.
That's very kind of you !

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
You might need a bigger ship, or one with better sscanners.
I'm planning a run later tonight, if anyone wants to tag along. (midnight-ish PST)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
how do you use the co ordinates ?
The way I used them: Started at Grim Hex and pointed my ship at Yela. Flew right, going along the asteroid belt, while flying I marked GrHx as my destination on the Mobiglas map and kept going until I was 254.6km away from GrHx. You can check this by watching the distance in Meters on your mobiglas or cranking up the Quantum Drive and looking at GrHx.

Go back to your Mobiglas and select the other points provided by Montoya until you are about as close to those numbers from each of them as you can. I used the Mobiglas rather than keeping Quantum on but you do it how it works for you :) You are now very close but my expiriance was you won't be exactly there. I spent 35 mins checking all the nearby asteroids and was on the verge of giving up, only found it when we went into the shadow of the planet (the 'roid belt rotates with the planet) and I saw the square concrete pad the henge sits on. For my crappy old PC the draw distance for the ring was about 3000m, which wasn't far enough to find it easily - the square shape of the concrete pad draws the attention though - the straight lines jump out I was like "What's a landing pad doing on that 'roid, oh wait!". Back in the day there used to be a flashing red beacon you could see from miles away and it also used to sing the Big Bennys tune infrequently you could use your ears to point you in the right direction, too. Alas, not today.

Remember to search the crushed guy or your efforts will be for naught, and as with all the goodies it'll take time to show on your account so don't fret if it's not there right away, give it a day or two.

And so to the end of my story, and an actual event:

When I about to leave I saw a ship in the distance searching, about 8k off. I set off my scanner a couple times to guide them in and they were thankful on the F12, but unfortunately this bought in an ultrabastard, too. From what I could see it was a Sabre Raven which I could just. not. target. - It might have been because it was a stealth ship? But then I might have killed my scanner pinging it off as I no longer had radar and could not even see the other ship, or even the circle radar thing... I'm hoping it was a bug, they were hitting me with energy weapons so I should have been able to pick them up from their EM...? The lowlife shot the other guy on the ground, then set about on me in my 350r while I was trying to type the other guy on the F12. They would have taken me out if I hadn't put two and two together and realised I had the damn speed limiter on frikkin' landing speed - Chucked it up to maximum and our lady of blessed acceleration carried my sorry arse out of there. I spun back round to see if I could help the guy I'd guided in if he'd survived, but could not relocate the Henge and no scanner, no ships, not even further contact with the ultrabastard.

That left a kinda bad taste in my mouth.

I flew back to Olisar in time to witness an 890J wipe the S10's off a turret by nestling it on the ships landing pad like it was trying to steal the turret, but then saw it phase through the ship, coming out the other side of the 890j without any guns on it. None of the turrets had their S10's so if this is what the 890j was doing, it was the last one and their work there was complete... My scanner still wasn't working so instead of hoping repairs etc would fix it, I just hit the self destruct and rode that junk to oblivion and logged off.

I have a bit of an on/off love affair with the 350. It's the one ship I've had all of my adventures in. Literally all of them. She's not exactly the ship she once was, and she's definitely not strong enough to take a slapping any more and I'm not entirely sure how it survived this time - the shields were on Zero on all sides and when that happens I'm dead in microseconds in this ship, so thank goodness for that or I'd be well salty and have missed the 890j killing Olisars big guns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
Went there on Sunday.
They supposed to give me helmet today, but did not receved it....
Do you need to actually do something there? Just being there seems to not work...

For both in-game challenge helmets, throughout the month of October, we’ll be distributing the helmets every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to dish out the spoils to everyone who has recently completed the required task.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Went there on Sunday.
They supposed to give me helmet today, but did not receved it....
Do you need to actually do something there? Just being there seems to not work...
From what I've been able to work out, you have to search the crushed body under the vending machine to get the goods...? I did it today and nothing has happened yet but I might be in the next dump.

Last edited:

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
From what I've been able to work out, you have to search the crushed body under the vending machine to get the goods...? I did it today and nothing has happened yet but I might be in the next dump.
I clicked body (then some looser killed me from shadows, no ships were there ;p).
Think I'll go again just in case.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace
Forgot your password?