Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Legal or not, we have almost every other country lock down these regions immediately.

Yeah, that was a mistake.

Should have locked it down and dealt with the repercussions later.
I almost get the impression that decisions are being based more on what the economic impact would be, rather than what would be in the best interests of the people and their health & safety...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I almost get the impression that decisions are being based more on what the economic impact would be, rather than what would be in the best interests of the people and their health & safety...
I thought they had pretty much stated that with the Back To Work In A Week statement and the below interesting statement from an assistant govonor?

Last edited:

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST

WaterShield

Space Marshal
Oct 16, 2015
RSI Handle
WaterShield
What does that mean, exactly?
It means that the government care about the people the minimum they need to, to keep exploiting them for their own gain. In the US, government = rich peoples club. Government likes to have their wage slaves continue to make money for them. If we die in small enough amounts, we can easily be replaced by other "working class" people. It wouldn't do if saving poor peoples lives cost more money than letting them die.

TLDR: Being rich is a virtue in US. Being poor means there's something "wrong" with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I feel I may have done @ColdDog a disservice and have fallen into the trap of political pontification before all events have transpired.

I'll try to go back to just the facts , while there is still a pandemic on it's still half way through the proceedings to be able to cast aspersion one way or another. I can assume, I can pontificate, but I can't really draw conclusions before everything that may happen has happened, or not happened.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I feel I may have done @ColdDog a disservice and have fallen into the trap of political pontification before all events have transpired.

I'll try to go back to just the facts , while there is still a pandemic on it's still half way through the proceedings to be able to cast aspersion one way or another. I can assume, I can pontificate, but I can't really draw conclusions before everything that may happen has happened, or not happened.
Hey, I'm not an artist...but I can draw conclusions!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
UK update for the 29th, again the times and dates do not directly correlate, the confirmed being from 9am on the 29th and fatalities from 5pm on the 28th.

Confirmed cases now 19,522, fatalities in total has risen to 1228.

Chartorama29-03-20.jpg

And a closer look at that orange line:

Fatalities 29-03-20.jpg

Fischmaster

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 29, 2018
RSI Handle
Fischmaster
On any normal day that would have been big news
Well here in Germany it's kinda all over the radio stations. The Hesse Prime Minister was very shocked, too, almost couldn't finish his speech.
I work in a bigger rural hospital and I wonder how many cases there will be tomorrow at work. Granted, I don't really have contact to patients, but the staff is pretty concerned about the virus. Peak infections are estimated to be around Easter. We'll see, if that is true. Stay safe everyone.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
On any normal day that would have been big news
Not to speculate but I wonder whether his decision had anything to do with private financial ruination rather than fear for the financial health of the country?

I think a lot of people will be driven to drastic measures 1929 Great Depression style. Still....RIP and Condolences to his family/Germany.

Forgot your password?