COVID Buddy-check thread

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Really sorry for your Loss HungryForButts. I hope that talking to us Testes helps just a little bit!

Injustice

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Injustice4
All is good here in my little neck of the woods. The little ones are doing online schooling, and the wife is temporarily off work while still bein paid. So at least they get to stay home and avoid this mess as much as possible.

Me on the other hand, since I'm Law Enforcement, I'm out and about everyday doing what I can to stay healthy and not bring that crap back home.

Not surprisingly, the crime around the Baltimore area has not let up, however our citizen contacts are fewer.

I wish you all the best, and stay in good health.

Test Squadron, Best Squadron!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
All is good here in my little neck of the woods. The little ones are doing online schooling, and the wife is temporarily off work while still bein paid. So at least they get to stay home and avoid this mess as much as possible.

Me on the other hand, since I'm Law Enforcement, I'm out and about everyday doing what I can to stay healthy and not bring that crap back home.

Not surprisingly, the crime around the Baltimore area has not let up, however our citizen contacts are fewer.

I wish you all the best, and stay in good health.

Test Squadron, Best Squadron!
Glad your family is safe and sound, and thank you for continuing to do what you do in this time of trouble. Stay safe out there, people are starting to get crazy(er).

HungryForButts

Commander
Apr 20, 2020
RSI Handle
HungryForButts
Thanks for the responses here/DM's/discord

I know a few people want to defend my parents' in this scenario, as that is a natural reaction for those that gave you life. And I, too, cannot blame them for reacting slow as a whole - as they're part of a broken system (referring particularly to America). But I also think it's okay to sometimes look at people you normally respect and trust and be totally shocked by their decisions instead of finding excuses for it. I am still very disappointed in them. They both have several weeks of paid vacation time a year that neither have used, for instance. I think they simply don't want to be seen as dirty or trouble.

They are stubborn and when I grew into my own as an adult, any opinions I had that didn't match theirs were seen as aggression, so if I don't think I can fix something there is no point in bringing it up. It took me 3 years as a teen to convince my Dad to switch from AOL (technically Compuserve if any of you young'nz remember that!) to cable internet. My father was one of those guys that was telling me to calm down in late February because this is "starting to sound like a Stephen King novel"; I just won't be able to convince them that putting other peoples' lives in danger is what likely got Grandpa killed in the first place, through some chain of events. At least my anger has settled into disappointment and worry (for the health of my parents' household) because now anger is useless. I guess it's mostly useless but if it has enough steam sometimes it can propel change.

I think they at least told my brother he's been exposed to COVID19, so that was bare minimum "nice" of them to do.

Anyway I'm back to gaming and baking bread and eating ass and whatever else I'm supposed to do to get through grief stage #1. And thanks again to everyone who reached out and are posting their experiences. I think it's really important :love:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Anyway I'm back to gaming and baking bread and eating ass and whatever else I'm supposed to do to get through grief stage #1. And thanks again to everyone who reached out and are posting their experiences. I think it's really important :love:
Glad to hear you're coping well, haha.
hanks for the responses here/DM's/discord

I know a few people want to defend my parents' in this scenario, as that is a natural reaction for those that gave you life. And I, too, cannot blame them for reacting slow as a whole - as they're part of a broken system (referring particularly to America). But I also think it's okay to sometimes look at people you normally respect and trust and be totally shocked by their decisions instead of finding excuses for it. I am still very disappointed in them. They both have several weeks of paid vacation time a year that neither have used, for instance. I think they simply don't want to be seen as dirty or trouble.

They are stubborn and when I grew into my own as an adult, any opinions I had that didn't match theirs were seen as aggression, so if I don't think I can fix something there is no point in bringing it up. It took me 3 years as a teen to convince my Dad to switch from AOL (technically Compuserve if any of you young'nz remember that!) to cable internet. My father was one of those guys that was telling me to calm down in late February because this is "starting to sound like a Stephen King novel"; I just won't be able to convince them that putting other peoples' lives in danger is what likely got Grandpa killed in the first place, through some chain of events. At least my anger has settled into disappointment and worry (for the health of my parents' household) because now anger is useless. I guess it's mostly useless but if it has enough steam sometimes it can propel change.

I think they at least told my brother he's been exposed to COVID19, so that was bare minimum "nice" of them to do.
Happy to hear that you've moved beyond anger. I can empathize with the parent situation, and the anger/frustration/disappointment at the stubbornness. Small mercies in that they at least told your brother.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thanks for the responses here/DM's/discord

Thanks for coming back and updating us Hungry - I always wonder how a poster is getting on if they raise a question or comment but then don't come back, it is appreciated 🙂

If you ever need to vent or chat or theorycraft, don't forget about us we'll be right here. :like:

Forgot your password?