Craft Beer(s)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Specifically, UK craft beers.

Anyone tried XXXB (pronounced "Triple Ecks Bee") from Batemans Brewery in Wainfleet? It's my pale ale of choice otherwise I'm on Alcopops.

I've seen some Barnard Castle by Brewdog about, any good? I am fond of the irony on the side of the can but is whats inside a washout or worth it?

Any other good UK made craft tastes I may be able to get my hands on in Blighty?

For the GLORY of TEST!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Verdant do some really good stuff. Can't remember any names of the ones I have had tho... :drunk:

Cooo, a nice drop of Falmouth brew. I'll have to track some of that down, thanks! 🙂

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
In the Plzen, if you know what you are doing you order beer by the meter. (Meter Piva.)
Oh man. When I was there I had a cute Polish blonde (oh Olga!) show me around. Drank lots, had a great time. Pilsner Urquell was the go to since it was everywhere. I also had Strahov which is made by Premonstraten Monks, arguably one of the first 'Craft' Beers lol.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
ruf-mich-an-firstcraftbeer.jpg

I don't think you can get this anywhere else but in Hungary, but maybe they offer intl. shipping it from their webshop...
We got tonnnns of craft beers now, it's the new trendy stuff, especially IPA. Everything is ipa... I'm kinda bored of them cos they mostly just taste like cat piss, but this one is pretty damn good.
Supposed to be a kinda Hazy Lager/New England ipa style beer. All I know is that I had 3 yesterday and was only going to try the one to see how it tastes. It's a medium-heavy lager with some ipa overtones and some not too strong honey undertones, and it packs a decent punch at 6.7% alc.

Also,
Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen
It's a smoked beer that tastes like smoked bacon/pork roast. It's absolutely amazing (or the most awful depending on your taste) and you can buy it all over the world. They got a store locator on their site, check it out!

Tldr: Beers Good! Drink Beer!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I like the craft beers, but I don't like the idiotic prices - so I usually don't bother partaking.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Gotin

Commander
Aug 30, 2020
RSI Handle
Gotin and Alia
"The One and Only"

Sadly, not any more. When they got bought out a few years back I hadn't heard about it. I first became aware when I saw a few ads for them on FB as I scrolled through my updates. I went to make a comment and about lost all the hair on my face from the sheer heat being blown off the posts. Everyone was railing at them about some merger and then changing their formula.

So, I went out and got some. And boy, they weren't kidding! Basically, what this new company did was take the same formula....and dump a bucket of hops in there :( To make it blend into the market with all those goddamned IPAs and hop hopity hops of hopness maximal effective hop YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOU CAN'T TASTE ANYTHING BUT HOPS crap that's been the trend of pinky lifters for so long now.

I must sadly throw it in with the pile of other garbo beers that I wouldn't even wash an engine block off with for fear of my engine becoming tasteless, bitter and "edgy".

Almost a hundred year old formula.....and they pissed all over it. So "The One and Only" is now "NewCastle! It's just like Beck! Only dark and moody just like you!" :(

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Sadly, not any more. When they got bought out a few years back I hadn't heard about it. I first became aware when I saw a few ads for them on FB as I scrolled through my updates. I went to make a comment and about lost all the hair on my face from the sheer heat being blown off the posts. Everyone was railing at them about some merger and then changing their formula.

So, I went out and got some. And boy, they weren't kidding! Basically, what this new company did was take the same formula....and dump a bucket of hops in there :( To make it blend into the market with all those goddamned IPAs and hop hopity hops of hopness maximal effective hop YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOU CAN'T TASTE ANYTHING BUT HOPS crap that's been the trend of pinky lifters for so long now.

I must sadly throw it in with the pile of other garbo beers that I wouldn't even wash an engine block off with for fear of my engine becoming tasteless, bitter and "edgy".

Almost a hundred year old formula.....and they pissed all over it. So "The One and Only" is now "NewCastle! It's just like Beck! Only dark and moody just like you!" :(
Yeah vaguely remember something about that, I live in Australia so it's not super common anymore. The last one I had was probably around 2010? Drank a lot of it, when I could get it prior that. I also don't mind Kilkenny, as it is often "on tap" here.

Forgot your password?