Deep Space Exploration TESTies Discussion Sunday November 3rd

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
Date/Time: Sunday November 3rd, 2019 at 3:00PM UTC (11:00 Eastern)
Spawn Location: TEST Discord
Coordinator RSI Handle(s): O-Lefty, Mromutt
Brief:
It's time to invite exploration minded TESTies to get together over a drink on the TEST Discord so we can talk about where the game is at.

Every day we have TESTies playing together and quite a bit of content is in the game. We have miners mining, haulers quantifying, pew pew ships flying, boys on the ground NPCs dying. The only thing missing is some explorers deep diving into the mysteries of Stanton System documenting their findings for the TEST Intelligence Database (TM). Documenting our TID-BITs would go a long way to providing lost or bored TESTies with good direction.

Please join us this coming Sunday so we can discuss exploration in the current verse and how to best gather our individual exploration knowledge together as an organization.

If you have ideas for discussion feel free to respond here.

o7
TESTies 4 ever

P.S. we may even go as far as speculating on what CitizenCon 2949 has in store for us. 🤔

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Exploration in the 'Verse.
Nice idea....I believe that I will wait until I actually have functioning scanners on my ships.
(and something to scan for besides mining 'stuff')

At present, there is only groping in the dark....of space...and space is very, very vast. (Thank you CR for the 64 bit coding)
(We can't even find a huge Javelin without the aid of Reddit and 'How to' videos. - Prove me wrong)

---> Has anyone found all 15 caves that are presently in the 'Verse?
---> YES, there are 15 of them. 5 on Daymar 5 on Hurston 5 on Aberdeen.
---> I have a Terrapin & I found none of them....Believe me, I spent hours looking.

Last weekend, we had a group of TESTies 'scanning' the Yela astoroid belt for Minerals to Mine.....We found NONE.
Nice idea but I have nothing else to contribute for at least the next 4 to 6 months.

🍺 :o7:

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I quite like this idea, so im gonna do my best to show up
i might be busy that particular sunday, so we'll see if i make it, but I will endeavour to clear up my schedule 😃

also what does tid-bits stand for
i get the first part but what is that last bit

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
Nice idea....I believe that I will wait until I actually have functioning scanners on my ships.

At present, there is only groping in the dark....of space...and space is very, very vast. (Thank you CR for the 64 bit coding)
(We can't even find a huge Javelin without the aid of Reddit and 'How to' videos. - Prove me wrong)

---> I have a Terrapin & I found none of them....Believe me, I spent hours looking.

Last weekend, we had a group of TESTies 'scanning' the Yela astoroid belt for Minerals to Mine.....We found NONE.
Nice idea but I have nothing else to contribute for at least the next 4 to 6 months.

Yeah the Yela asteroid belt is almost barren of minable resources. That would have been known ahead of time if we had that information from say... an exploration database!

This discussion is not to say that exploration is completely in. It is to get a start on what we do have and put the information in one place to share.

Key areas we can improve on:
Teaching the basics of triangulation to people so we can navigate and retrieve good data.
Make a list of things to locate and document, i.e. drug labs, caves, harvestable plants, mineral locations and their abundance, shops for FPS items, shops for ship components, special things like the derelict Javelin, mission givers and their requirements, and more.
Identify people that have a passion for exploration and knowledge sharing.
Etc.

There's a lot of exploration to be done. Grab a beer and join us for some nice conversation. That's all this is.

Smithory

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2019
RSI Handle
Sm1tty
Yeah the Yela asteroid belt is almost barren of minable resources. That would have been known ahead of time if we had that information from say... an exploration database!

This discussion is not to say that exploration is completely in. It is to get a start on what we do have and put the information in one place to share.

Key areas we can improve on:
Teaching the basics of triangulation to people so we can navigate and retrieve good data.
Make a list of things to locate and document, i.e. drug labs, caves, harvestable plants, mineral locations and their abundance, shops for FPS items, shops for ship components, special things like the derelict Javelin, mission givers and their requirements, and more.
Identify people that have a passion for exploration and knowledge sharing.
Etc.

There's a lot of exploration to be done. Grab a beer and join us for some nice conversation. That's all this is.
BennyHenge and the Derelict Javelin have been plotted via Orbital Marks by myself today. I'll make a format for them with the screenshots and directions this weekend sometime

Smithory

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2019
RSI Handle
Sm1tty

This all comes down to the scanning mechanic not fully working yet I believe, a Terrapin should be able to scan a planet get marker points for caves and derelicts on the surface or in orbit

Forgot your password?