did the vanduul get fat over the holiday?

Ocean

Rear Admiral
Jul 20, 2015
RSI Handle
0cean
Last night in 2.0 Live vanduul swarm co-op it was quickly renamed vanduul swarm Solo at the start of wave 1

but as i was flying around Wave 7 either I am awesome or something has changed to the AI/flight systems of the vanduul

The Basic vanduul refuse to use decoupled maneuvers
The Alpha vanduul only turn in decoupled maneuvers
The Elites fly faster but don't turn decoupled.

Granted it sucks that the new rules to the arena if you "eject" or "ring out" you loose an extra re spawn for punishment (self destruct untested) really sucks when your ship is a flying brick and you have no control and is forced to loose that extra re spawn.

But its when i reached Wave 18 on a single life...(sadly ship was beyond damaged when the wave started...i found out here the hard way that Ring out punishes you...and my last life was between me and reaper when i took a Rock to the cockpit...it was not as epic as the run) has the AI must have been altered or changed.
or take advantage of it for now. because the AI does not know how to handle specific physics new to the updates?

that and its Night and Day when it comes to a Full Cockpit setup Vs Flying with a keyboard... thanks to peddles and advance configuration outside star citizen I no longer need to touch the mouse while flying. i still have a few in game problems like weapons misalignment forcing me to double tap L-Alt quickly to reset weapons Zero Position quickly.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Same experience for me, when 1.3 hit. I played Vanduul once with someone after learning how to fly my 350R and then a few days later did wave 18..all by myself, single life. there was only 1 life in 1.3 for some reason. If your saying its even easier, awesome.

Forgot your password?