Disco Lando interview...2.0 may be closer than we think!

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight

He really emphasized two things;
1) 2.0 could be dropping very soon (I got the feels it might be on PTU within a few weeks! (tm) )
2) Sometimes, CR says things that he wants that may not actually happen. He said something long the lines of "Don't take CR's intentions as a promise". It's stuff he wants to do, but not necessarily what will happen!

Hype reaching critical levels!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I have no expectations that PU 2.0/Miniverse will be out before 2016. I hope I'm wrong, but FFS its been 6 months since they thought the FPS module would be out, and they STILL are trying to get it ready.

I just want multi-crew :eek:

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I have no expectations that PU 2.0/Miniverse will be out before 2016. I hope I'm wrong, but FFS its been 6 months since they thought the FPS module would be out, and they STILL are trying to get it ready.

I just want multi-crew :eek:

They said 2.0 might be out before star marine. Star Marine i think had to be totally redone, not sure about the rumors of Illfonic or not though.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Like i said i will be surprised if they release this sometime before mid december. I don't expect them too but i will be surprised.
I want it to be out before christmas holiday, my trust in CIG dates tells me Q1 of 2016.

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
Just curious, but am I the only person who kinda despises Huckaby? Not sure why, but the bastard annoys me something fierce.

Solarian

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
SolarianShift
The way CIG has been talking since CitCon, this will be out in Nov (to the PTU, limited numbers of people)

Last weeks news wrap up stated it is content ready and they are only working on bugs, Lando's comments (i was listening to this on my way home from work) seems to iterate that they are VERY close.

I would love to see them pump out the PTU in the next couple weeks. It would shut up some people real fast, but then again, it may be seen as a knee jerk reaction to those same people. Like CIG has something to 'prove'...

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth

He really emphasized two things;
1) 2.0 could be dropping very soon (I got the feels it might be on PTU within a few weeks! (tm) )
2) Sometimes, CR says things that he wants that may not actually happen. He said something long the lines of "Don't take CR's intentions as a promise". It's stuff he wants to do, but not necessarily what will happen!

Hype reaching critical levels!
some are saying inside scoops say 7-10 days as of days ago...

Elac

Commander
Aug 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Elac
Isn't the FPS supposed to come before the 2.0 ? I'm lost.
2.0 will contain some basic FPS elements( a gun, a rifle and some other stuff) and that will come first. After that they will finish Star Marine proper.

Reactions: Guss De Blöd

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Isn't the FPS supposed to come before the 2.0 ? I'm lost.
Supposed to, yes, but Lando said that it was an "intention" not a commitment. I suggest watching the whole thing, it really is an overall interesting conversation despite the length. Based on the video, I speculate that their PU studios outpaced their FPS studio, and they discovered that they would be ready to release some BASIC foundation content to the PU before the FPS was ready for more public testing.

As much as people complain about AC, I don't really blame them. It makes sense that they would want to get the FPS to be as bug-free & ready for balancing as possible before exposing it to the similar shit-storm that AC had become. People think the "HOTAS-v-MKB" argument is bad? I'm grabbing a large, piping hot, buttery tub of fresh popcorn for the "MKB-v-gamepad" FPS debate...

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
no, OMFG NO, you are NOT alone.... trust me...trust me on this...
To me he seems SO annoyed to be there for most of it. Maybe that was the busy-busy-busy part of him trying to cope with the frivolous shenanigans of the show, but...

Anyways, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. This guy claims to have been employed at 30+ jobs over the course of his life, and yet he's been with Star Citizen for so many years. A personality like that has GOT to be getting antsy staying in one place for so long. Maybe they are compensating by moving him around in the organization often, but by that standard (promotions / laterals) I, too, have had dozens of "jobs", over the course of my seven "employers".

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
To me he seems SO annoyed to be there for most of it. Maybe that was the busy-busy-busy part of him trying to cope with the frivolous shenanigans of the show, but...

Anyways, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. This guy claims to have been employed at 30+ jobs over the course of his life, and yet he's been with Star Citizen for so many years. A personality like that has GOT to be getting antsy staying in one place for so long. Maybe they are compensating by moving him around in the organization often, but by that standard (promotions / laterals) I, too, have had dozens of "jobs", over the course of my seven "employers".

I know I would be annoyed if i was him. He is a community manager and have you seen the RSI forums!?! Have you seen some of the stuff CIG staff has posted that causes a riot? The promises that sre broken... duck shart... haters... IGN and other reviews. He is probably stressed out for being on damage control 24/7

Forgot your password?