Elite: Dangerous anyone?

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
been playing E:D a recently and was wondering if anyone's interested.

the recent addition of legs has been a mixed bag, but the game has not lost its charm.

IGN: criss9000

Reactions: Scape and GPcustoms

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Loved ED @ VR but the lack of space legs and no npcs drove me to discover SC(yeah they have legs now but not VR enabled)....Now and again I dawn the Oculus and nerd out on the emersion but have found my new crack here in the pixle verse :like:

• o7
Reactions: Scape and Deroth

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Just like the others, I just can't get back into it. It's so stale, empty, the grind feels pointless. If I need something similar just to occupy my hands while watching something I just fire up ATS/ETS2.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Similar to what others have stated, I have it (bought it a few years ago on sale during a particularly buggy few patches of SC) but it just feels so shallow in comparison to SC. Too many (in my opinion) bad design decisions in ED with the feel of chasing SC with poor implementations instead of innovating (the space legs are as bad as, if not WORSE than, those in X: Rebirth...from 2013!)

Reactions: GPcustoms and Scape

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
ED made me realize I might actually enjoy hauling cargo in Star Citizen.

Great game to chill to even today. Not sure about the legs update and like others, hasn't really driven me to purchase the update.

I kind of enjoyed the fact that it was unapologetically a more old school sci-fi space sim game.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
E:D has been on the decline in the last couple years, there's no doubt about it. but there's something I like about this game that I can't really explain other than with the word "charm". I keep coming back to it, and I even bought both expansions.

I don't exactly regret the purchase, we've played Anthem before which was a much bigger mess, and let's not forget the mess that is SC, but I can definitely understand the reasons why it's not fun to a lot of other people. The quality of the more recent content in E:D has indeed declined. But with that said, I can still find some fun in this game, and I hope all of you can as well if you give it another chance (preferably before I rotate out of it).

still, if there's anyone at all that still plays E:D, even if occasionally, don't hesitate to add me as a friend ingame and let me know so i can accept your friend request.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I played it from alpha, and for about 6 months after launch. THEN I got an oculus rift, I started again, the VR experience was fantastic. I will be very disappointed if SC does not get VR.
Up until the introduction of EAC to SC I played SC in VR.. Glorious immersion that stole me from ED...But Elite got me through some dark days when I was bouncing in and out of the cancer game so I owe them for my sanity(or lack of)...VR will be a thing I hope...officialy this time? (years from now):glorious:

Agrath

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 27, 2015
RSI Handle
bentst
Haven't played this game for a long time. I grinded federal ranks until I got the large ship "federal corvette"? and kind of just moved on to other games. I do however have all the expansions, bought the latest and booted up once then forgot about it. I'll be away on a work trip next week but will boot up the game again the week after to see if I can make sense of the controls again. If I decide to play I'll let you know.

Forgot your password?