Elite Dangerous Just Did Something Cool

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
A lot of great content was added since I played in started in 2015-2016, but like you, I burnt myself out and find it tough to get back in.
I'm also finding it tough to get back in. I am going to try though. Last time I played was when the Horizons Expansion came out and I want to start all over with a group of folks to try and make a Test fleet if anyone is interested. Keep in mind that I'm a total noob so we can all learn together! PM me on Discord or here in the Forums if your're interested. (Play times will probably be based around US Central Standard)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Now this is the sort of carrier design that I would love to see brought into the SC 'Verse for us players to use together if not to use as a multi ship transport.

Reactions: Bambooza

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Interesting. I still play elite now and again. I hardly ever bump into a CMDR. It's dead. Only change of seeing anyone is going back to newbie systems, and those are not the kinda guys you really want to meet anyway unless you like getting ganked.

The game hasn't moved on at all really in the last couple of years.

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
Well, I played for about 2 hrs yesterday and actually had fun. I first started a new character and played through the 4-5 tutorial missions. That took a total time of about 10 mins and was very straight forward and easy to learn/complete. After that, I chose some mission at the first starbase i went to and had fun scanning things down, collecting materials, and cargo running to make about 200k credits! That's crazy I even made this much in a short amount of time!. I popped in a few upgrades and got a mission to leave the "newbie area" and explore the galaxy! So I did and got another 100k in the process. So far, it's been fun and I haven't even touched planets yet or the political factions thing.

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
I actually haven't played Elite Dangerous, but while watching the Elite video, there has been one thing that instantly stood out to me: the planet looks like it's made of plastic and it doesn't seem to have any atmosphere that reflects/refracts the light or display various degrees of transparency/translucency. Quite a difference when compared to Star Citizen. Not sure if it's the case when you actually play the game.

Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Can you exit your ship and run around yet in Elite Dangerous?

Their Carriers are indestructible and only a single one per instance? I'd HATE that if SC went that route.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Steam had a really nice sale on ED this weekend so I ended up picking it up, but have only played enough to start the tutorial.

Anyone still actively playing it that can give me advice on how to get started after completing the tutorial?

Forgot your password?