finally joined the DUAL STICK CLUB!!! any suggestions for extra keybinds?

Lordgarrett99

Admiral
Donor
Sep 30, 2019
RSI Handle
ELX987
im using the t16000m dual stick set, binded a hotkey for hailing targets (right ctrl + left hat up) and my layout is BKs joytokey setup

looking for cool suggestions, heres some ive heard so far:

-tablet like an ipad for gameglass

Lordgarrett99

Admiral
Donor
Sep 30, 2019
RSI Handle
ELX987
Yeah @BuzZz_Killer has a great layout.

If you extra cash kicking about, a set of pedals are fun and add more immersion into the game. I use mine for 'roll'.

Gameglass just get a cheap tablet. Consider the 10" Amazon Fire tablet. Way cheaper than an iPad.
i have an ipad to use so im covered there just need it setup

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Well thats exactly what i would recommend. Gameglass (GG) + Buzzkiller.

BUUUUUT once you understand what buzzkiller (or others) did with their setup, try to make your own setup.

1. reduce it to what you really need, especiall GG helps a lot getting rid of certain stuff you don't need on your stick (Another tool would be the elgato stream deck)

Look at that:

imho its too much if you just start learning using dual sticks
I really like the T16000 but never really used the green and blue buttons (might be different for you)
if you don't do regularly mining, fuck mining keybinds etc.
(another example: i don't like throttle fwd/back on the Y Axis of the left stick i prefer strafe up and down, and put it on twist [but that might just work for me] )

2. By creating your own version it helps you to learn the setup
I evaluate my setup with every patch and adjust it to my own needs.
3. Again KISS Keep It Simple Stupid :)
4. Start saving on virpil / vkb sticks. Sooner or later you will want one :)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
My advice is find the key combo that suit your flying style, as in experiment a lot, do AC pirate swarm so you can figure out what key you use the most.
Those keys could be handy to have within easy reach... Most other tip you already got here.
Now get on it and practice and figure out what fit your liking and flying style best, that way you will be optimized rather than trying to learn some one else way of doing it.

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:

BuzZz_Killer

Captain
Jun 9, 2020
RSI Handle
BuzZz_Killer
I agree with Michael, the best setup is one that is customized for your personal use. But as a new player its nice to start with a template, because you don't know what you need yet. And the binding system in Star Citizen can be frustrating sometimes.

My profiles are designed to attempt to fill as many roles as possible, and yes it can get pretty busy. But if you want to avoid touching a keyboard while flying it has to be. Unless of course you get another input device like Game Glass or Voice Attack. Which I also recommend. The only problem I have with Voice attack is it can be imprecise, and takes a second or two to process before the action is executed. But for non-critical functions, it works just fine.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I agree with Michael, the best setup is one that is customized for your personal use. But as a new player its nice to start with a template, because you don't know what you need yet. And the binding system in Star Citizen can be frustrating sometimes.

My profiles are designed to attempt to fill as many roles as possible, and yes it can get pretty busy. But if you want to avoid touching a keyboard while flying it has to be. Unless of course you get another input device like Game Glass or Voice Attack. Which I also recommend. The only problem I have with Voice attack is it can be imprecise, and takes a second or two to process before the action is executed. But for non-critical functions, it works just fine.
Voice attack doesn't work for me because of my thick Canadian accent....apparently.

• Drunk
Reactions: Mich Angel

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
That can be trained away by using Cortana more (plus using the voice training to teach Cortana your voice and accent.)

Though, not sure how much that'll help if you're constantly asking for beer, maple syrup, and poutine mid sentence.
Full Power to front shields Eh? Full power to weapons Eh? Lock Missile Eh? etc. etc.

The damn software can't figure out the Ehs. What's that aboot?

Forgot your password?