First formation flight in 3 months

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
They have basic colours and it is an extra £250 to chose your own custom colours. I picked the least popular basic colours to be different from my pals so that we can ID each other out in the air. Red White and Blue or football team colours seem to be popular.

To be technical my wing is a ram air paraglider (airfoil or parafoil) which weighs 5.1 KG (11lbs)
The engine is an 80cc 2 stoke motor which weighs 19KG (42 lbs)
I also carry a reserve parachute and some flight intruments.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
This is yesterday in Derbyshire UK. We were not going to fly as thunderstorms were forecast. But none were sighted so we went for it in the morning. (By afternoon it was too turbulent for us)

The second photo (the small beautiful town of Ashbourne) looks hazy, that is due to a weather feature called an inversion. The upper air holds a layer of air near the ground, in this case the lower air was very humid and along with the pollution and particles being squashed into the first few thousand feet you get reduced visibility. When you punch through the inversion layer instead of getting colder it gets warmer, so my pal was flying in shorts.
If the lower air forces through the inversion the weather can change quickly.

The third image is from about 2500-3000ft above ground, the red strap is my reserve parachute handle. you can also see one corner on Darley Moor racing circuit.

The fourth is me coming in to land.

waiting to fly.JPG
ashbourne 2 inversion 2.JPG
120820 racecourse.JPG
landing 1.jpg

Forgot your password?