Ford F-150 Lightning - Electric trucks are here!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
first!

my cousin always appreciates an excuse to buy a new pickup, I expect him to be my early adopter

Imma wait for second generation batteries with higher energy density before I commit to an EV

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I think this will be a cool thread to revisit in 10yrs when EV's are the norm.

So far Ford claims its taking 70,000 pre-orders for this truck:

In 10 years we will be too busy with the Nyx system being made available after it's pushed to patch 3.47.9

Also everyone will be too busy shouting about how the lack of co/co2 emissons in cities are suffocating all the greenery while the oceans are so full of discarded batteries there is no space left for the fishes anymore...

Aaaanyways, I do like that truck! Looks fine, it's tons of torque, useful stuff! Wish we could buy one here, I have a friend who would surely get one and I could borrow it off of him just for fun lol

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm an F-150 fan, but I gotta say, Tesla has my heart with that Cybertruck. When the 2 motor version comes out in 2022, I think I may take the plunge. 1,100HP, and insane torque, all in a cool bulletproof package. I want to hook up industrial sized pepper spray canisters and go troll anarchists in Portland.

Forgot your password?