Foundation (New Apple + Sci Fi series)

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Based off Sci Fi Granddaddy's Asimov's Foundation Series. Heard about this production awhile back (Read the first book a long time ago so will probably have to look at them again!), saw some production stills, and completely forgot about it.

This is supposedly Apple's answer to Amazon's Lord of the Rings series or Netflix's Witcher/Stranger Things/etc.

Anywho....visuals look great.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4QYV5GTz7c

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Based off Sci Fi Granddaddy's Asimov's Foundation Series. Heard about this production awhile back (Read the first book a long time ago so will probably have to look at them again!), saw some production stills, and completely forgot about it.

This is supposedly Apple's answer to Amazon's Lord of the Rings series or Netflix's Witcher/Stranger Things/etc.

Anywho....visuals look great.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4QYV5GTz7c
As some of you know I absolutely HATE everything Apple/Mac. I mean I absolutely DESPISE Apple everything. Except, Apple Studios or whatever has continued to win, and win, with almost every show and movie being very good.

Apple just made one of the "best" movies I have ever watched, not in a theater BTW. It will win Oscars.

If anyone can't download a good copy of it for some reason I have it.

I think foundation will be good. I just hope it will be as good as we expect it to be. Apple Studios or whatever have really set the bar high so I feel like there is a lot of room there to be disappointed. Or, it could be as good of a show as it gets. If any of y'all need IPT accounts, vpn, NAS/Media Server help let me I'm here for you.

This could be really good. Just like DUNE please make sure to watch this on a good Sammy Q9/Q8, LG CX/C1, Sony OLED with good 5.1+ Sound system if possible. It deserves it.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Yeah have seen that trailer, looks good and I also hate Apple. As for Dune it also looks epic, but I will be pissed if Feyd Rautha isn't in it (That was the dude Sting played in the original Dune).

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
When is this out?
I have a screener already not even 720p first 70 mins or whatever but you don't want it it's bad quality bro. I'm not about to watch it.

September 24, 2021 for the official 4K 10bit Dolby release :)

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
As some of you know I absolutely HATE everything Apple/Mac. I mean I absolutely DESPISE Apple everything. Except, Apple Studios or whatever has continued to win, and win, with almost every show and movie being very good.

Apple just made one of the "best" movies I have ever watched, not in a theater BTW. It will win Oscars.

If anyone can't download a good copy of it for some reason I have it.

I think foundation will be good. I just hope it will be as good as we expect it to be. Apple Studios or whatever have really set the bar high so I feel like there is a lot of room there to be disappointed. Or, it could be as good of a show as it gets. If any of y'all need IPT accounts, vpn, NAS/Media Server help let me I'm here for you.

This could be really good. Just like DUNE please make sure to watch this on a good Sammy Q9/Q8, LG CX/C1, Sony OLED with good 5.1+ Sound system if possible. It deserves it.
I get it...

People hate Amazon, Apple, etc. because they're seemingly soulless mega corporations. That being said, the 'Studios' are well...staffed by people who like good television and film just as much as you and I. They're into good visuals, acting, etc. Most of all, they're good storytelling.

I've actually worked on my fair share of Amazon productions (haven't worked on any Apple + productions yet). None of us are directly employed by Amazon (we all work through our union and are hired by production companies that are afforded 100% artistic independence by Amazon). Anyway.....you'll be surprised how many us hate Amazon, avoid Apple products, etc. lol

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Yeah have seen that trailer, looks good and I also hate Apple. As for Dune it also looks epic, but I will be pissed if Feyd Rautha isn't in it (That was the dude Sting played in the original Dune).
Dune will be split into two films. Part 1 comes out this year and Part 2...well that might not be for awhile. Either way Denis Villeneuve agreed to take on the film only after Legendary agreed to let him split the adaptation into two films.

We've heard little about Feyd Rautha because well....his scenes haven't been shot yet. There's some rumours floating around but my suspicion is that he hasn't even been cast yet. Anyway it's gonna be a much coveted role for any young actor. Hopefully they find someone who can stand up to Timothée Chalamet who despite his youth, is a genuinely a formidable actor (Call Me By Your Name, The King).

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I get it...

People hate Amazon, Apple, etc. because they're seemingly soulless mega corporations. That being said, the 'Studios' are well...staffed by people who like good television and film just as much as you and I. They're into good visuals, acting, etc. Most of all, they're good storytelling.

I've actually worked on my fair share of Amazon productions (haven't worked on any Apple + productions yet). None of us are directly employed by Amazon (we all work through our union and are hired by production companies that are afforded 100% artistic independence by Amazon). Anyway.....you'll be surprised how many us hate Amazon, avoid Apple products, etc. lol
I've never understood the Apple hate...I get that fanboi's are annoying, but if somebody is trying to make a decent or better product, why do you want them to fail? Plus, all the ground level people who are just trying to earn a living? It's like...it's like people hating Star Citizen, lol

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Dune will be split into two films. Part 1 comes out this year and Part 2...well that might not be for awhile. Either way Denis Villeneuve agreed to take on the film only after Legendary agreed to let him split the adaptation into two films.

We've heard little about Feyd Rautha because well....his scenes haven't been shot yet. There's some rumours floating around but my suspicion is that he hasn't even been cast yet. Anyway it's gonna be a much coveted role for any young actor. Hopefully they find someone who can stand up to Timothée Chalamet who despite his youth, is a genuinely a formidable actor (Call Me By Your Name, The King).
Feyd probably won't be in the first movie since it follows the first half of the book, which is driven more by his older cousin (Beast Rabban.) In the book, there are no meaningful scenes that require Feyd's presence, so Denis Villeneuve could wait to cast that role until after production and funding is approved for Part 2.

I've never understood the Apple hate...I get that fanboi's are annoying, but if somebody is trying to make a decent or better product, why do you want them to fail? Plus, all the ground level people who are just trying to earn a living? It's like...it's like people hating Star Citizen, lol
...because Apple isn't about trying to make a decent or better product, they are about making an overpriced inferior product that they push such heavy marketing with that they brainwash people into BELIEVING it is a superior product at a reasonable price.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Feyd probably won't be in the first movie since it follows the first half of the book, which is driven more by his older cousin (Beast Rabban.) In the book, there are no meaningful scenes that require Feyd's presence, so Denis Villeneuve could wait to cast that role until after production and funding is approved for Part 2.

...because Apple isn't about trying to make a decent or better product, they are about making an overpriced inferior product that they push such heavy marketing with that they brainwash people into BELIEVING it is a superior product at a reasonable price.
Oh righto going the old two part "Kill Bill" way, will be interesting. Thankfully the second trailer was much better than the first.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Oh righto going the old two part "Kill Bill" way, will be interesting. Thankfully the second trailer was much better than the first.
Honestly I think Dune is best served as a mini series. There's just so much to cover.

The Scifi miniseries that came our in the early 2000s had the right idea, poor execution though lol.

Glad Amazon is take Foundation down the series route instead of a feature film. That's the way to do it these days.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Honestly I think Dune is best served as a mini series. There's just so much to cover.

The Scifi miniseries that came our in the early 2000s had the right idea, poor execution though lol.

Glad Amazon is take Foundation down the series route instead of a feature film. That's the way to do it these days.
If they were to do all the books then it'd approach the length of soap operas for episodes and seasons.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
If they were to do all the books then it'd approach the length of soap operas for episodes and seasons.
I mean if Game of Thrones could do it.....

The Dune series (At least the original Frank Herbert ones, not Jr's) are actually complete too! (Grumble grumble GRR Martin writes slow...grumble)

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
So, I've read the first two books in the Foundation series about a decade ago and...

Damn if I didn't hate the absolute smugness that comes across from Asimov's Seldon. I might try to read them, again, but the entire premise just came off as "I know what the future holds because you're all too stupid to figure it out, so that makes me infinitely better than you lot."

Hopefully, they tone the assholeishness down in the series.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
So, I've read the first two books in the Foundation series about a decade ago and...

Damn if I didn't hate the absolute smugness that comes across from Asimov's Seldon. I might try to read them, again, but the entire premise just came off as "I know what the future holds because you're all too stupid to figure it out, so that makes me infinitely better than you lot."

Hopefully, they tone the assholeishness down in the series.
I think the very notion of Hari Seldon's psychohistory was intended to illustrate, via the eventual appearance of the Mule and the chaos he brings with him, that no system of thought is infallible forever. Because Hari's track record was so good for so long, the foundation slowly lost the capacity for existential dread. Due to their absolute and unshakable faith in Seldon, their society collectively shat their pants the moment he was wrong about something and by then they lacked the tools to effectively do much about it. Then again, I'm sure Jared Harris will inject plenty of his signature flavor of subtle superiority into the role as he tells everyone else in the room how inevitable his predictions are. He's good at making smart people feel dumb.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I think the very notion of Hari Seldon's psychohistory was intended to illustrate, via the eventual appearance of the Mule and the chaos he brings with him, that no system of thought is infallible forever. Because Hari's track record was so good for so long, the foundation slowly lost the capacity for existential dread. Due to their absolute and unshakable faith in Seldon, their society collectively shat their pants the moment he was wrong about something and by then they lacked the tools to effectively do much about it. Then again, I'm sure Jared Harris will inject plenty of his signature flavor of subtle superiority into the role as he tells everyone else in the room how inevitable his predictions are. He's good at making smart people feel dumb.
Jared Harris is terrific at playing smug characters.

His Anderson Dawes in the Expanse is such an arrogant cunt.

Forgot your password?