FPS Weapons and Tools reviews

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Looks like they're allowing optics on the Demeco now. I am still shocked at the very low recoil for such a powerful weapon. I am curious if it can be fit with a suppressor.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tat3IEB7rTU

The newest FPS calculator I have seen.

I do not understand what barrel and underbarrel are. Could this be suppressor and light or laser sight? Anyone know if you can fit a Demeco with a suppressor? (Suppressors drop 8% power from your weapons but NPCs do not agro on your position the same.) I do not understand what are the seven utility items listed as choices for undersuit or leg. I suppose you carry utility items in both of those two places, but there are seven items and I have seen nothing that says what any but the multi-tool does. Anyone know?

It still appears stamina and speed suffer most severely with the difference between 80-85% movement, so I suggest (as do most of the FPS guys on youtube) folks stay 85 and above, which is under 45 kgs. Stamina draw is very high from running with 45 kg and above, or with more than light armor on your legs.

Staying at 85% is not especially difficult if you decide to be content with one weapon, and that is realistic. So I have a fun build with: heavy helmet and torso, medium arms, light legs, 4 grenades, 2 medpens, 2 oxypens, 1 multi-tool, a Ripper (no idea what it is, but I want one 'cause that sounds cool) and The Demeco with scope and 800 rounds. Looks like a good place to start. That's without a backpack, which is new to 3.9 and I suspect will require I lose a little ammo, but you need to be able to pick stuff up.

Last edited:

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
For the Demeco, the Underbarrel would be a laser pointer or a light.
For the Barrel, it would be a Stabilizer or a Flash Hider. Can't suppress a machine gun, under sustained fire either the pressure would blow it up if ballistic, or the heat of a laser/plasma discharge would melt it for an energy weapon.
The Utility items are knives (Demon Fang and FSK-8), the Greycat multi-tool (with attachment), light sticks, and hacking programs (Ripper, Re-Authorizer, Tigersclaw, Walesko).

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm I've always mount a scope on the Demeco... not a long range 8x one, but a 4x or a reddot for CQB has always work...
Underbarrel for now, as Zookajoe say, meas laser pointer or flashlight, the first very useful for tight fast combat, the second for exploring cave... Be worn the laser is visible to everyone, so if you are trying to ambush someone better leave it turned off....

For "utility" these incluede all the item that are not weapon mags, Med/OxyPen, and Granade (these have theyr own slot), so Graycat tool, haking modules, glow stick and I suppose in the future other item, like different head modules for the Greycat and maybe food.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For "utility" these include all the item that are not weapon mags, Med/OxyPen, and Granade (these have their own slot)
Yes, and the number of grenade slots vary by armor torso weight. Used to be only heavy armor can carry 4 grenades. That's how it was in 3.5. (0 for no armor, 2, 3 and 4 for light, medium and heavy torso. Weapon mags are 2, 4, 6, 8) Not sure about current. I think some of the weapons were/are limited to heavy armor only as well. the big change is now you can carry 45 kg and still be at 85% movement. Used to be 40 kg.

Is anyone familiar with the specifics of how aggro changes based upon suppressor use?

Reactions: Deroth

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Yes, and the number of grenade slots vary by armor torso weight. Used to be only heavy armor can carry 4 grenades. That's how it was in 3.5. (0 for no armor, 2, 3 and 4 for light, medium and heavy torso. Weapon mags are 2, 4, 6, 8) Not sure about current. I think some of the weapons were/are limited to heavy armor only as well. the big change is now you can carry 45 kg and still be at 85% movement. Used to be 40 kg.
I've not found any restriction on weapon equipability other then the n° of weapon (If I remember correctly the suite only can carry 1 weapon + sidearm), but about weight of the weapon itself none.
For the weapon an mags is preatty much the same as you describe plus the addition of the utility slot that are 1 for all the armour and 2 in the heavy one.

Is anyone familiar with the specifics of how aggro changes based upon suppressor use?
I used the suppressor option on my main weapon since thay ccame into play but I've notice no difference. It could be that it affect the range of the weapon, but considering the acctual enviroments of combat that is hard to tell.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
With my current preferred build I come in with three firearms, and still keep mass to 32.7 kg for a speed factor of .9.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I just notice today that che Coda revolver has a listed range of 100m... just for comparison the P6 Bbalistc Sniper rifle has a 120m range and is the longest range weapon (except for the railgun and the missile launcher)... Arrowhead sniper has a 100m range too...
Has anyone tested it? I like the idea of the big bum revolver, and if that range is actual ral that means it will become my personal smal sniper weapon, just strap a 6x optics a laser pointer and a compensator and you a good to go...

Reactions: Deroth

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Nice videos, looks interesting as CIG has miss so bas on the actual weapon range and drow distance with optics: 240-290 meater is a good distance for naked eye, but is terrible for the long range optics... they don't even need that kind of scope with these distances.

Now I'm defenetly going to use a Coda as a sniping option weapon...

Reactions: Zookajoe and Deroth

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
AFAIK, x16 is the top magnification at this point, this scope comes stock with Behring P6-LR sniper rifle.
Barrel is what you can put on the barrel - a flash hider, a suppressor, a stabiliser (reduces recoil for energy weapons).
Underbarrel is what you can put under the barrel - laser pointer, fieldlite, in future they confirmed grenade launcher and various grenades.

You can also check out my earlier topic on this subject, and I've got some videos there as well:

TEST FPS Weapons

For Demeco, I use stabiliser, so that there almost no recoil and all shots land at the same spot, and a fieldlite for dark places. I tend to not need a laser pointer, as I can shoot accurately without it. Though, I stepped away from Demeco, as I find it doesn't have the agility for close quarters combat, and it's fire rate is insufficient when dealing with multiple enemies. I still use it in "Seize and destroy narcotics" missions, where you need ~400 rounds to destroy all drugs, plus there are hostiles. In 3.9 I did countless 890 Jump missions, where I switched to SMGs.

As for the armor, in 3.9 I use Novikov or Pembroke, which both provide 40% damage reduction, same as heavy armor, but they are classified as Undersuit, and, as a result, behave like undersuit - they don't restrict your agility.

You can check out couple of my videos below.

Here you can see P6-LR sniper rifle with x16 scope.

Here I use a Lumin V SMG, - much more nimble than Demeco in close quarters combat like this. You can skip to minute 16 for action.

Reactions: Scape and Deroth
Forgot your password?