🍁🇺🇸 Happy Canada Day and 4th of July!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hello My Fellow TESTies!

I'd like to wish a very happy Canada Day to all my maple syrup blooded fellow Canucks in the Org, and a Happy Freedom Day to all my Red, White and Blue blooded brothers and sisters south of the border.

Have an amazing long weekend all!

Cheers!

Owl

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I'd like to wish a very happy Canada Day to all my maple syrup blooded fellow Canucks in the Org, and a Happy Freedom Day to all my Red, White and Blue blooded brothers and sisters south of the border.
And an amazingly epic beer fest for you too, my friend! I just got back from a visit to BC!
No poutine, but my wife found a 4kg bag of Smarties... and I found I still eat the red ones last!

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I am an American living in England.
My girlfriend was 100% British (sadly she died 3 years ago)
We lived together for 30 years.
Every year at the 4th of July, she would giggle and say;
"Happy Independence Day you Filthy Colonist."
We shared a good laugh and then a typical American picnic meal.

SO --> Happy Independence Day you Filthy Colonists 🤣 🥂:o7:
I really miss her.
Have a terrific weekend.

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
I am an American living in England.
My girlfriend was 100% British (sadly she died 3 years ago)
We lived together for 30 years.
Every year at the 4th of July, she would giggle and say;
"Happy Independence Day you Filthy Colonist."
We shared a good laugh and then a typical American picnic meal.

SO --> Happy Independence Day you Filthy Colonists 🤣 🥂:o7:
I really miss her.
Have a terrific weekend.
Similar situation here me and my wife now gone for just over 4 years would take the grandchildren out to see the fireworks now that she is gone and grandkids have grown older I normally use the time catching up on work around the house . Have a great weekend everyone :) .

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
So do Canadians get a free poutine on this day?
I want free poutine...

Happy 4th everyone, where ever you happen to be parking your ass and/or drinking your beer this weekend. I was married to a Canadian for near 20 years, lived in the UK for a few, and have done the expat thing enough to be satisfied that the world is in fact, round.

One of the realities I have learned from this is that most humans want the same things in life. Family, friends, food, peace, a good laugh and sunshine on the face. The 4th is a day to celebrate such things.

Last edited:

minor_accident

Captain
Mar 25, 2022
RSI Handle
minor_accident
oh boy, I'm really looking forward to another night cowering under my bed while my neighbors celebrate with their AR-15s
Get an AR of your own! And get out from under the bed, it's not going to help you anyways. 😄

Shooting on NYE and 4Jul was a big thing where I grew up, but it was almost always shotguns due to complications with gravity. Only the gang-bangers and 'know nothing about firearms' types would shoot things that would hurt you on the way down.

And God bless whomever came up with Poutine.

Forgot your password?