Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
From Sept 27th Jump Point:

Hello Citizens

Alpha 3.7 comes not only with awesome caves and Banu Defender, but also with bunch of harvestables that you can collect and sell during your exploration of the Verse :) Newest Jump Point had quite a nice article about it so I've decided to share it here with you in a form of a post. Enjoy!

Post image
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Star Citizen’s Lore Team developed descriptions for all types of harvestables to help guide the development process. Here are just some of the items you’ll be tasked with collecting around the universe starting in Alpha 3.7!

Post image
GOLDEN MEDMONS

GOLDEN MEDMONS

Grown in temperate climates on the maru ebony tree, golden medmons are left to fall off the tree when ripe and collected. The fruit at that stage is extremely firm and astringent. They only become edible after being ‘bletted’ or softened through ethylene ripening. Once softening begins, the skin wrinkles and darkens, while the inside flesh is loses moisture until it has a creamy consistency and a flavor reminiscent of caramelized lactose. This process can confuse those new to medmons, as the bletted fruit looks as if it has gone off.

Post image
PITAMBU

PITAMBU

The skin of the pitambu is thin and waxy and easily peeled away using its green leaf-like growths. Inside is a crisp and watery bright red flesh filled with tiny white seeds that have a mild, nutty taste. The flesh and seeds are traditionally consumed together.

Post image
REVENANT PODS

REVENANT PODS

Contrary to its ominous name, the revenant is actually a variety of the altrucia tree, an indigenous plant of Terra known for its thick and colorful leaves. Geoengineers introduced fields of altrucias to Hyperion in an effort to break up the dust storms. Although the project failed, the altrucia tree adapted to the perpetual wind patterns, shedding its leaves and thickening the wood in the trunk. Botanists initially believed that the atrucia had died, but on closer inspection, discovered that they were quite alive and thus, the name was born. The pods are collected because the pollen is processed and turned into altruciatoxin.

Post image
AMIOSHI PLAGUE

AMIOSHI PLAGUE

Not nearly as ominous as its name, the amioshi plague is an invasive lichen that grows in the cracks of rocks. While the core of the lichen burrows out of sight to try and absorb as much moisture as it can find, the part near the surface sprouts hooded scales that eject spores to spread to other rocks. Its relatively short maturation period is the origin of its name.

Post image
PROTA

PROTA

A resilient slime mold that can form in extremely corrosive environments and pressure, prota secretes a strong adhesive that can be distilled into a commercial-grade glue.

Post image
RANTA DUNG

RANTA DUNG

A dry cube-shaped dung that comes from a large isopod-like crustacean known as a ranta. It has recently been discovered that the dung contains a unique bacterial biome that helps the ranta process and digest minerals. Some researches are hopeful it will lead to industrial or medical innovations.

Some additional pictures:

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

Also here are three developers who were responsible for creation of this new exciting system:

Post image

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Thanks for distilling that article into an easy to read format for us simpletons mr Boredgam…...….er....I mean … @Montoya

I like the idea of harvesting but I wonder how it will work economically., You cant really make a living by going out your front door and picking random fruits - it needs to be done on a large scale to be profitable. Will spending an hour picking 50 pitambu actually get you any decent money?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Oh shit, I cant wait for all the types of alcohol being made from all those berries and stuff! Can we just fast forward 2 years to when the game is done already?!?!?!
Hmm I wonder how we will make beer ot of them...
It will be interesting to have the ability to distill you own receipt in the verse, we can plan to spread the TEST brand all across the konw and un-known space..

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
...And it's makeup. One of my kids used to do that. Took her an hour to get ready for work in the morning. Now she usually only takes 3 or 4 minutes.
Dans makeup game is on point.

I feel we have unfairly left will out of this conversation. He has a delightful natural beauty that just glows with confidence. It must be Naboo's Miracle Wax.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?