HCS voice pack help

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Anyone know a good site to help with installs and setup for the voice attack and voice packs? I just got them and maybe I missed something or I just suck at this stuff cant get it working lol.

Thanks!

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Hi Phil,

I am work at present so can't go into too much detail (I will add more if needed once I get home), but the basic sequence is...

• Install Voice Attack (licenced copy needed as the demo has a macro limit)
  • Optionally install a voice pack. You can set up your own triggers/responses but from your post you are going this route. I have only used the commercial HCSVOICEPACK ones so will cover those. These packs are just click & install. Use the default install location.
  • Run Voice Attack and from the top drop down list select 'install profile' (or words to that effect).
  • In the resultant dialogue box tunnel down into the voice attack folder and find your voice pack. Locate the profiles directory in that and select the profile that you want. There is a readme in the hcs voice pack directory, but basically you want to choose something like 'SC Default'.
For best results you should run the windows Speech Recognition Trainer at least once so that Windows is better able to understand your specific voice patterns.

HCS has a help forum and some links to YouTube videos. Those along with their readme file should get you started.

That's the basic outline, just let us know in more detail where you are getting stuck though and I am sure that we will get you up and running.

Last edited:

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
Does anyone have a list of the voice commands to use with ASTRA?
I've been having issue with it and attempted to get help on the HCS forums but it looks to me that their "support" is pretty much non-existent. There are posts in there a week more more old without any responses. And for a paid product, that's sad.

Reactions: Beerjerker

GojiraSamurai

Space Marshal
Jul 22, 2016
RSI Handle
GojiraSamurai
Anyone know a good site to help with installs and setup for the voice attack and voice packs? I just got them and maybe I missed something or I just suck at this stuff cant get it working lol.

Thanks!
make sure to run VA as Administrator

also you can find all her commands by clicking on the the little pencil above the profile bar

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
AFAIK, they are working on "updates" after the default controls were changed from what I could collect from the forums. Pretty sad though that this isn't something that isn't as easy as a remap. Any experts?

I've never successfully run HCS in SC but the setup worked as well as the included topics of conversation. Perhaps I am also doing something wrong. I have tried running as an administrator as well to no avail.

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
Its set to run as admin...
I was kinda looking for a condensed list without all the programing bits.

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
I just think that for a paid product it should have better support and quicker updates.

Redmostergaming's CEDAR is free and updated to 2.5 commands a week or more ago. Also responds to his feedback in a timely manor.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Redmostergaming's CEDAR is free and updated to 2.5 commands a week or more ago. Also responds to his feedback in a timely manor.
Well use that then!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
There we go then, that's what the money going towards on HCS. :)

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I just think that for a paid product it should have better support and quicker updates.

Do you have link to this other option handy?

I want to try these voice controls some time, but I'm reluctant to spend buy and install with my limited compooter knowledge. I looked into HCS a while back, but I think I would need more hand-holding instructions than I could find. So I thought I'd better not spend real money just yet.

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Anyone got a spare LipStik laying around???

Forgot your password?