Help with Virpil controller!

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Hi all,
So I'm trying to configure a Virpil Constellation JS left hand.

The js shows up in the virpil software, I can create a profile and calibrate. During calibration there is a "Slider" axis that seems to move with my Y axis. When centering all axis, so they sit at 50%, this slider axis sits at around 39% and jumps between 38-42%.

In game, the js shows up and I can bind. But when flying a ship, it will just fly off in one direction and it's unstoppable. Same when I bind camera to the thumb stick, when I activate the camera it just spins in circles. Z axis will keep spinning unless I do full counter twist the opposite direction.

So it seems like there is some constant signals being generated. I've re-seated the connection between base and js, confirmed there are no bent pins. It's talking with the computer. I don't have any other peripheral attached during calibration.

I'm talking with CS but have not gotten passed verifying me and my order. Hopefully some helpful info comes my way from them soon.

If you have experience with these js, or have any tricks or tips, send them my way.

Thank you!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Are you referring to the Constellation Alpha or Delta? Given that you say left hand, I'm going to assume it's an Alpha...

In the Configuration tool you will see some noise as the sensors pick up the slight movement. For my left hand Alpha, the item labelled "Slider" is the squeeze lever attached to the bottom. It normally reads at 100% value.

After running and saving your calibration to the profile, it will be necessary to also go into Windows and check the calibration there. The two programs do not talk to each other. In Settings, do a search for USB game controller and it should pull up the app to check and adjust.

Let me know if the problem goes deeper than this!

• Love
Reactions: Texelis

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Are you referring to the Constellation Alpha or Delta? Given that you say left hand, I'm going to assume it's an Alpha...

In the Configuration tool you will see some noise as the sensors pick up the slight movement. For my left hand Alpha, the item labelled "Slider" is the squeeze lever attached to the bottom. It normally reads at 100% value.

After running and saving your calibration to the profile, it will be necessary to also go into Windows and check the calibration there. The two programs do not talk to each other. In Settings, do a search for USB game controller and it should pull up the app to check and adjust.

Let me know if the problem goes deeper than this!

How can I like this more than once! Thank you! Being able to get the slider to 100%, and then calibrating in windows again seems to have done it.

Holy shit. Thank you so much

Reactions: Ayeteeone
Forgot your password?