HOTAS/HOSAS setup upgrade

Wintermute

Space Marshal
May 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Wintermute_e1
I build me a HOSAS/HOTAS setup. It comes with two "rails" and I can "fold" it under my desk and hide it. No tools and no unpluging needed.

this was my old setup back in 2018: (link below test forum)

over a year ago i upgraded my setup but didnt found time to post it on the internet... but this weekend finaly... (after watching TheNoobiefier1337 on yt):

sc reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/vlghp8 View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/vlghp8/i_build_me_a_hosashotas_setup_it_comes_with_two/

1.jpg

top part of pic is with all rails out and ready. middle and bottom is folded in and rail in. also rudder is folded in.

2.jpg

rails out & in

right.jpg

right rail out. bottom part of pic is right rail in and joystick & mouspad+armrest & 2 streamdeckd is folded in. (no tools needed for folding)

left.jpg

left rail out. bottem part of pic is joystick & throttle & keyboard folded in but rail still out.

4.jpg

right rail plus usb hub. bottom part of pic is right joystick folded in.

3.jpg

top left part of pic is left rail out. top right part of pic is left rail in and folded. bottom part of pic is left rail out + left usb hub.

rudder.jpg

rudder + hack to not slide back when pushing the rudder pedals. i alredy bought an used safty belt from a car on ebay. will replacke this hack when i find the time.

cabelm.jpg

some cabel management...

DSC01384.JPG

pc

Last edited:

Wintermute

Space Marshal
May 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Wintermute_e1
DSC01280.JPG

folding right mouse pad and arm rest....

DSC01282.JPG

removing the secure screw for the stremdecks... (thumbscrew)

DSC01283.JPG

folding in tthe holdinh hinge....

DSC01284.JPG

folding in the stremdecks....

DSC01285.JPG

the two thumbscrews for stremdeck and right joystick have a resting placke on the left side of the rail....

DSC01286.JPG

right rail folded in and in the half way inside...

DSC01287.JPG

right rail in the 'in' position....

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Wow excellent I need to get some decent pedals too I'm using sewing machine pedals :thump:

Wintermute

Space Marshal
May 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Wintermute_e1
tank you guys!

@vahadar
It's from scratch. I use the black Item-profils (i - profil). You can find it on the internet. It is the same profil type monstertech is using. I started with the monstertech mounts and upgraded them like you see in my post a few years ago (link in first post of this thread). But you also can use the B - Profile (Bosch Profil). Lots of additional stuff like hinges and certain screws are compatible with each other.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I build me a HOSAS/HOTAS setup. It comes with two "rails" and I can "fold" it under my desk and hide it. No tools and no unpluging needed.

over a year ago i upgraded my setup but didnt found time to post it on the internet... but this weekend finaly... (after watching TheNoobiefier1337 on yt):

sc reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/vlghp8 View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/vlghp8/i_build_me_a_hosashotas_setup_it_comes_with_two/

View attachment 23121
top part of pic is with all rails out and ready. middle and bottom is folded in and rail in. also rudder is folded in.

View attachment 23122
rails out & in

View attachment 23123
right rail out. bottom part of pic is right rail in and joystick & mouspad+armrest & 2 streamdeckd is folded in. (no tools needed for folding)

View attachment 23124
left rail out. bottem part of pic is joystick & throttle & keyboard folded in but rail still out.

View attachment 23125

View attachment 23126
top left part of pic is left rail out. top right part of pic is left rail in and folded. bottom part of pic is left rail out + left usb hub.

View attachment 23127
rudder + hack to not slide back when pushing the rudder pedals. i alredy bought an used safty belt from a car on ebay. will replacke this hack when i find the time.

View attachment 23128
some cabel management...

View attachment 23129
pc
SO GLORIOUS. So damn clean too, for a desk build, not a cockpit. How does SC like the super ultra mega uber wide screen? like i need a little more than 21:9 but the 32:9 ones in flight sim and sim racing are just a little too big, triples is the sweet spot for me but there are so many downsize to triples these days.

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez
This is an amazing build. I can't decide between desk or chair mounts myself. But nothing like this!

Reactions: Wintermute

NoxChamerberlin

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2023
RSI Handle
NoxChamerberlin
This is exactly the kind of set up I have been wanting to do. Fold/break away kits. I don't suppose we could get like, an in-depth part list? Maybe a DIY video? LOL
I'm also real curious as to the functions of each piece.

Last edited:

Wintermute

Space Marshal
May 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Wintermute_e1
SO GLORIOUS. So damn clean too, for a desk build, not a cockpit. How does SC like the super ultra mega uber wide screen? like i need a little more than 21:9 but the 32:9 ones in flight sim and sim racing are just a little too big, triples is the sweet spot for me but there are so many downsize to triples these days.
the ultra wide works very well with sc. now and then you will get problems with the ui when a new patch is in avocado or ptu but they will fix it and in live it works but this is a problem also with 21:9... i dont know why the ui problems are comming again and again when they make new patches... they should already know....

Reactions: PlayWithMeOrDie

DougDastardly

Ensign
Jul 11, 2023
RSI Handle
OGDastardly

View attachment 23121

View attachment 23122
rails out & in

View attachment 23123

View attachment 23124

View attachment 23125

View attachment 23126

View attachment 23127

View attachment 23128
some cabel management...

View attachment 23129
pc
Geezuz!

Forgot your password?