How is the Khartu-Al such a bad ship?

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
I bought a CCU a long time ago and finally used it to try and save a few bucks getting back the MIS. Didn't realize I couldn't get the MIS back atm lol. So now I'm stuck with a Khartu til the next sale. Took it out for a spin and....

The 2 struts block a good amount of your view.

The shields are weak af.

If one of your engines get shot out the ship won't move. Prob a bug but the profile of the engines makes it stupid easy to take out one.

It has 2x s3 weapons and that's it. it has a weaker load out than a Titan and it's a $170 "fighter"

Part of the hud wasn't working and I couldn't tell how fast I was going but it seemed pretty quick ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It also seemed like the g-force wasn't affecting me as much. Those are the only 2 good things....

So I'm stuck with this POS til a sale comes up. How can they sleep at night letting people buy this thing for $170? It is by far the worst ship for the money and it's not even close.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I suspect once they start balancing the other ships, the weapons or some feature of this ship will get a bump to give it some sort of advantage.

When we get Xian weapons, its possible there may be some that can only be applied to Xian ships. There could be a S3 weapon that hits hard like an S4, but at the cost of having almost no shields.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
I suspect once they start balancing the other ships, the weapons or some feature of this ship will get a bump to give it some sort of advantage.

When we get Xian weapons, its possible there may be some that can only be applied to Xian ships. There could be a S3 weapon that hits hard like an S4, but at the cost of having almost no shields.

One would hope so. I just have a hard time seeing them fix that ship in the hole it's in. The upright design is gonna be a very hard flaw to overcome. A small ship that makes itself a big fat target just doesn't make sense. Looks cool but that's about it.

Reactions: Deroth and Scape

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
With the flight changes the Xian ships and some other alien inspired ships are to be the only ones who maintain the nimble 6 degrees of freedom which is suppose to offset their weaker weapons. The human ships are suppose to have higher thrust along the forward axis and weaker directional thrust.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I bought a CCU a long time ago and finally used it to try and save a few bucks getting back the MIS. Didn't realize I couldn't get the MIS back atm lol. So now I'm stuck with a Khartu til the next sale. Took it out for a spin and....

The 2 struts block a good amount of your view.

The shields are weak af.

If one of your engines get shot out the ship won't move. Prob a bug but the profile of the engines makes it stupid easy to take out one.

It has 2x s3 weapons and that's it. it has a weaker load out than a Titan and it's a $170 "fighter"

Part of the hud wasn't working and I couldn't tell how fast I was going but it seemed pretty quick ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It also seemed like the g-force wasn't affecting me as much. Those are the only 2 good things....

So I'm stuck with this POS til a sale comes up. How can they sleep at night letting people buy this thing for $170? It is by far the worst ship for the money and it's not even close.

Someone got their wires crossed when it was made.

That is the gods honest truth, it lost 4 weapon hardpoints and its second seat because nobody told the ship team to put them on.

Thats why its a steaming pile of shit.

The San Tok Yai which they sold over christmas is *less* powerful than the orignal concept Khartu Al.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
It has been a ship I have owned and sold a few times. Whatever changes are made it is huge for a scout absolutely huge and a very big very easy target. It has less weaponry than all the light fighters (costing US70) and despite changes to other ships load outs nothing has changed here. It is possible for them to make something of this (By giving it Xian weopons and shields for instance) but the new light fighter with 4size 3 has largely done away with that. I get its alpha yes there will be balance but no it will never be a great fighter it is not meant to be.

There are no game mechanics that give it a roll as a scout and it would have to be very good at that compared to say a stealth fighter (sabre) to be worth having.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
i use to fight with the khartu al for a good long time. honestly its not terrible just not meant for fighting. its extremely manuverable and the side sheilds which protect the engine are huge just the front shields are tiny. people often forget this ship is not advertised as a fighter this is a scout. you get in quick get out fast dont show your front of back to the enemy.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
Someone got their wires crossed when it was made.

That is the gods honest truth, it lost 4 weapon hardpoints and its second seat because nobody told the ship team to put them on.

Thats why its a steaming pile of shit.

The San Tok Yai which they sold over christmas is *less* powerful than the orignal concept Khartu Al.

to me it's like having a reliant robin or a yugo on the lot still trying to sell it as something great...

i use to fight with the khartu al for a good long time. honestly its not terrible just not meant for fighting. its extremely manuverable and the side sheilds which protect the engine are huge just the front shields are tiny. people often forget this ship is not advertised as a fighter this is a scout. you get in quick get out fast dont show your front of back to the enemy.

that's a huge problem though. how do you run away without showing your back? i think that's the root of its biggest flaw.

It is, but thats not the reason for the Khartu al being rubbish, they have told us themselves why its the case, someone gave the ship builders the wrong details.

at this point i think they should just pull it from the store and make it an npc ship. or maybe something to eventually collect in game.

Reactions: Deroth and Scape

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
to me it's like having a reliant robin or a yugo on the lot still trying to sell it as something great...

that's a huge problem though. how do you run away without showing your back? i think that's the root of its biggest flaw.

at this point i think they should just pull it from the store and make it an npc ship. or maybe something to eventually collect in game.
its suprisingly not that hard as the front and back of the ship's shields are so tiny. Not to mention the ship can take a pounding all day long after shields are gone. you just need to moving and turning and eventually you will outrun them. Only a few other ships can keep up with this thing(not manuverable though only in a straight line.) Turn the afterburners on and be on your way get in get it down get out.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
This👆 I have never won a dogfight with that thing(don't win many with anything I fly, but that's not the point!). But I've gotten really good at crapping my space pants and running away with it!

Forgot your password?