How to loot in Star Citizen right now.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Im sure this is not news to all but it sure was for me. One day during this new patch I was irritated that weapons were in short supply and decided to see if I could pick up and store dropped weapons :drunk:
Turns out that if I leave one of my two weapon slots empty on my armor I can pick up, stow and then go into my mobi and unequip that new weapon and its logged and added to that inventory:glorious:.
It was fun for a little while doing 890 missions(lots to pick up there) and the never to run out of eviction and termination missions. I even picked them up during the XT in the cargo wrecks...:like:
But alas I had hundreds of the things so I started leaving them at random locations including a free rifle grab for players at Jerico where the floor of my Terrapin was covered with them.:love:
The most fun I have had in some time......Cheers gang:o7:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Yep, that is not a new thing in fact, I've done it a LOT in 3.12 when the FPS weapons dont' vahe the tendency to stick into your hand.
I was doing the SPK mission and loot all the weapons, I ended up having around 120 P4-AR in my inventory, plus some other weapons like the twin shotgun and some plasma rifle.

Sadly as soon as the money trading app cames online the fun was spoiled by the sticky bug, otherwise that could be a good business to set up by selling weapons in area that doesn't have much option like Hurston.
I'm looking forward to the fix of that bug becouse that could create a real player driven game loop, a little anticipation on what to expect when the BMM and the Kraken Prevateer will arrive.

BTW, I still have around 80 P4-AR is some one is interested...

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
FYI, here's the current speed calculator:

It's broken in several places (such as you can't remove the multi-tool) but what I can tell you is, for movement of 0.95, if you lose a frag grenade and the multi-tool you can get that (25kg and under). Otherwise you're looking at 0.9 movement. NPCs can hit 0.85 and down, so if you can travel light you should. This leaves 2 empty rifle spaces on your back for cleanup afterward.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but experience shows, you should NOT carry more than one weapon without a huge reason. Speed and endurance is what keeps players alive. Try to stay in the 0.95 category. Settle for 0.9 when you need to carry for bear. Don't go under 0.85 even if you need to carry a railgun or other heavy weapon. Differences in movement rates are very highly optimized along player ability and each step makes a huge difference--that's 25-35-45-55 kg.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
FYI, here's the current speed calculator:

It's broken in several places (such as you can't remove the multi-tool) but what I can tell you is, for movement of 0.95, if you lose a frag grenade and the multi-tool you can get that (25kg and under). Otherwise you're looking at 0.9 movement. NPCs can hit 0.85 and down, so if you can travel light you should. This leaves 2 empty rifle spaces on your back for cleanup afterward.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but experience shows, you should NOT carry more than one weapon without a huge reason. Speed and endurance is what keeps players alive. Try to stay in the 0.95 category. Settle for 0.9 when you need to carry for bear. Don't go under 0.85 even if you need to carry a railgun or other heavy weapon. Differences in movement rates are very highly optimized along player ability and each step makes a huge difference--that's 25-35-45-55 kg.
So I wasn't just imagining moving slower when I had two railguns on my back? Good to know, thanks!

As for weapon looting, it is quiet useful, especially if you run low on ammo cos you didn't bring enough or the game keeps re-equipping empty mags. I wish they would fix that, makes it kinda pointless to carry more than 3-4 mags at a time in your bag.
Also just for funsies, I sometimes do loot n shoot runs where I only use the gun the previous enemy dropped with the single mag in it. It mixes up the gameplay a bit and sometimes even adds some challenge to bunker/cave clearing missions. I do have a second gun on me for backup though in case I (or the lag) mess up.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
This is great advice. I also wear medium armor most of the time, but you dress for the occasion. I have heavy armor if I need. It is almost hilarious to see people wearing two huge weapons and heavy armor, at a terminal in a trade outpost. They can hardly move, and you can only fire one weapon at a time. All you need is like the weapon you fight best with for your role. I mostly don't even carry a pistol right now, because if I ever have to use it, I'm probably already dead (and it slows you down)

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
This is great advice. I also wear medium armor most of the time, but you dress for the occasion. I have heavy armor if I need. It is almost hilarious to see people wearing two huge weapons and heavy armor, at a terminal in a trade outpost. They can hardly move, and you can only fire one weapon at a time. All you need is like the weapon you fight best with for your role. I mostly don't even carry a pistol right now, because if I ever have to use it, I'm probably already dead (and it slows you down)
True, for 90% of the time you don't need to carry two weapons, just bring the one most suitable for the job and that your are confortable with...
Ironically enough right now, with the weapon sticky bug I only use pistols (since they don't stick): a good Salvo with 3x optics and a silancer is a really valuable option for short FPS mission since is a preatty powerfull gun, accurate and with a decent mag.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Went to area 18 today and bought a Valkyrie.
The destroy drugs mission......Can the pallets be loaded up and sold at the no questions asked kiosk at Hurstons salvage yard? :wut:
Maxed out the XT rep so thinking of another game loop to try with a few rifle pick ups along the way:like:
Happy Thoughts and Cheers gang:o7:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Went to area 18 today and bought a Valkyrie.
The destroy drugs mission......Can the pallets be loaded up and sold at the no questions asked kiosk at Hurstons salvage yard? :wut:
Maxed out the XT rep so thinking of another game loop to try with a few rifle pick ups along the way:like:
Happy Thoughts and Cheers gang:o7:
Hmm back in the days you'll be able to sell them... I don't see why not, except for some bugs.

BTW, there are more accessibile NQA terminal, like the one in HUR-L4 that don't require you to land in that junkyard that is called Loreville...

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Hmm back in the days you'll be able to sell them... I don't see why not, except for some bugs.

BTW, there are more accessibile NQA terminal, like the one in HUR-L4 that don't require you to land in that junkyard that is called Loreville...
HUR-L4...I will have to take a stroll over and check it out. Did not know of but one terminal and to lazy to look them up. Thank you young TEST Mutant :o7:

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?