Commander
Nov 14, 2020
RSI Handle
AlpRider
Hello people!

Where you from stranger?

- Ireland, but I live between France and Switzerland

What drew you to Star Citizen?

- Lifelong sci-fi fan, especially Iain M Banks and Arthur C Clarke stuff - love all sorts of space gameplay but secretly want to RP my nerdy sci-fi fantasies

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

- Exploration if that's ever a thing + data running, or pathfinding in a scout ship ahead of an invasion force, stealth/espionage... but also drunken ground vehicle races and blowing stuff up :P

What was the first game you remember playing?

- Those were Mega Drive days so maybe Sonic or Earthworm Jim haha

What other games do you play?

- An unhealthy amount of heavily modded Fallout 4... I need something less single player obsessive and more social! I have about 3000 hours in Elite Dangerous and still play sometimes, X3 (Litcube's), also this year Cities Skylines, Alien:Isolation in VR, Far Cry 5.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?

- Youtube videos on orgs, been thinking about an org for sometime to freshen up the SC experience, I've been playing about 3 years solo and it's honestly got pretty dull. I realised I was spending more time watching youtube videos of people playing together instead of actually playing...so yep. Also I like beer with gaming so that kinda swayed it for me :)

Picard or Kirk?

- Picard, the man has class

EDIT : If Kirk, new Kirk or old Kirk?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Welcome to TEST!
Oh good! Someone wants to be in front of me in an invasion force!

... Can you crash your ship? Especially on a planet or it's star, but even smacking an asteroid would count. New Babbage's space port doesn't count if you fly a Prospector. They made that part too easy.

AlpRider

Commander
Nov 14, 2020
RSI Handle
AlpRider
Welcome aboard!

I adored the Culture series, I always enjoyed the names the ship Minds chose for themselves 🙂
Absolutely! All my ships in Elite are named after Culture ships, my favourites are Lapsed Pacifist, Gunboat Diplomat, and the Credibility Problem...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Absolutely! All my ships in Elite are named after Culture ships, my favourites are Lapsed Pacifist, Gunboat Diplomat, and the Credibility Problem...
I just went an looked up a list of the Culture Ship names and was delighted to find Elon Musks Drone Ship "Of Course I still love you" was apparently named after the Mind in the book The Player Of Games. 🙂

AlpRider

Commander
Nov 14, 2020
RSI Handle
AlpRider
Hey! A Hayabusa brother!

I had the blue/silver 2001 model, great bike!
Haha no way, nice!!! If you're ever in Swiss hit me up, I'll lend ya a bike and we can go for a razz!

Reactions: Vavrik

AlpRider

Commander
Nov 14, 2020
RSI Handle
AlpRider
I just went an looked up a list of the Culture Ship names and was delighted to find Elon Musks Drone Ship "Of Course I still love you" was apparently named after the Mind in the book The Player Of Games. 🙂
:) and the other drone ship, "Just Read the Instructions" too... It gives me a lot of confidence in SpaceX knowing he's a culture fan...

Forgot your password?