I need Advice and Info from you enablers

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Ok so i keep telling myself im a responsible adult and i dont need different ships.

I keep looking at the Explorers Package and debating Melting what i have and getting it

What i have:

I also have an
KRUGER P-72 ARCHIMEDES - LTI

i figure i should keep it to upgrade to something better

I feel like i shouldn't melt my original package since i don't know how if i lose anything special from melting it.

Like i have no idea what AC legacy means out side of the fact that i paid for my package when you had to buy access to arena commander.

So first question. Is it the wrong idea to melt these and put the credit toward the Explorer pack?

second question when does this sale end? how long do i have to make up my mind?

I can upgrade the individual ships once i have the package to what ever i want right?

*EDIT*

Additionally i feel like during citizen con they may bring back alot of unavailable ships Which might give me a chance to upgrade the Freelancer to a TALI down the line.

Last edited:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Sale ends 29 August.
I'd keep your game package as is, because I'm pretty sure packages no longer contain both Sq42 and SC. If you melt that, you may need to get two separate packages at $45 to have both games.
As far as enabling you goes, get what you like. Keep in mind there will likely be another themed sale of some sort for CitizenCon (9 October?) and then there will be an anniversary sale sometime in November which will likely have some limited ships available.

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Sale ends 29 August.
I'd keep your game package as is, because I'm pretty sure packages no longer contain both Sq42 and SC. If you melt that, you may need to get two separate packages at $45 to have both games.
As far as enabling you goes, get what you like. Keep in mind there will likely be another themed sale of some sort for CitizenCon (9 October?) and then there will be an anniversary sale sometime in November which will likely have some limited ships available.
I believe the Explorer Starter pack comes with Starcitizen and SQ42

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Yea the only thing it wouldn't have is AC legacy and the SC "manual" which i'm sure they realized was redundant to have since the games control's keep changing.

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Or, you could spend that money toward your pc hardware to have a better playing experience. Many new GPU's are out with more on the way.
Technically my system runs the game just fine. Im more a victim or server issues than anything else. in hanger and freeflight i tend to get a fairly solid 60 fps.

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
also i cant add store credit to a GTX 1080

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
plus @Schmunkel i will probably wait till like at the earliest wait till next january to update my actual system. Considering I really would need to get a MOBO new GFX, processor, and ram. I think i will wait to see when SQ42 is out hopefully at the end of this year. Since my system seems to run the game single player just fine i imagine sq42 will be the true benchmark of what i need to play the game out side of the netcode issues that effect my FPS

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Well my pc is showing it's age, so I wanted to present the same alternative I have been thinking of to you as well. I can't blame you for wanting a freelancer though, as I have one myself.
Its not even having the freelancer, its the hope that come Citizen Con the TALI goes back on sale and i can CCU to it at the cost of $25 plust still have a small ship being the 300

of course it will mean some time down the line i will have to get a new aurora. Cant not have an aurora

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Neither do I lol. And I notice the explorers starter pack does not have LTI according to that pic. Something to mull over there...maybe.
yeah well nothing im melting has LTI anyhow im keeping my achemides just for that purpose it is LTI so i can always upgrade it down the line or even if i do keep it it may not be able to jump but it can dock with ships that can so i atleast have a form of permanent transportation. Even if i have to piggy back of other players to get out of system and so on

the point in the long run is that its got a decent collection of ships that in seem to be a decent deal plus i can just upgrade the ships to other ships i want. in the future

Forgot your password?