I say the Banu Merchantman is going to be +$1000 when it is flight ready

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Also we do not know if the 2880 SCU of cargo is including the shops or not. The Privateer has 2658 SCU total if we include the 8 public and 2 private shops.
Hmm, not sure if this helps, or just muddies it even more, but they were discussing it here
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC7onjXyex0&t=1h6m30s

There was some ambiguity to that dialogue, but the way I see it, they're comparing the number "around 2800" to what the Hull C can carry, and basically talking as if that 2800 is cargo not including shop inventories.

Additionally, based on the cargo hold size, that space seems more than adequate to hold 3000ish cargo. Here is how I got there: the side view shows 5*3*3 of those really long containers. In the picture of the crane operator, we see there are two of those 5*3*3 container stacks with a path in the middle. Those containers are four times (Well, 4.35 times to be exact but it's a concept image and I'm not sure which pixel is the actual corner) as long as they are tall, so they should be something like 8*2*2 SCU containers. Coincidentally, or perhaps not so coincidentally, 8*2*2 * 5*3*3 * 2 gives you 2880 SCU capacity for the cargo hold.

I'd really turn this issue around, and say we don't know if the shops bring in additional inventory space, or if they just sell directly from the cargo hold. But I'm reasonably certain that, at least at this time, 2880 refers to the cargo hold capacity.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Can someone remind me are buyback CCUs charged at new prices? Because if they aren't I'd expect them to be for this ship :-D
No the price from buyback does not change. If you had a Gemini to BMM bought at 10$ (for recent CCU from 2020), it is still 10$ to buy back.

RedBaron1010

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jun 27, 2019
RSI Handle
WingCMDR_Diesel
I think it will be around 700 to 800 tops. They need to keep the price down so they can sell more of them to make up for the loss. The real conundrum is coming later down the line, the Endeavor. That ship will grow huge and will probably be 1500-1700 dollars when its "re-concepted". We are talking almost Bengal sized unless they change the ship concept somehow.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I think it will be around 700 to 800 tops. They need to keep the price down so they can sell more of them to make up for the loss. The real conundrum is coming later down the line, the Endeavor. That ship will grow huge and will probably be 1500-1700 dollars when its "re-concepted". We are talking almost Bengal sized unless they change the ship concept somehow.
Is it something they said about enlarging the Endeavor?

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane and FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
$900 is plausible.

No jacuzzi or fancy lounge like the 890J though so maybe a tad bit cheaper lol.

Do the Banu even like stewing in hot tubs like humans?
Oh, the Sanctuary is probably like a Sauna with a Jacuzzi inside of it, so, $1200 easy.

While I do have Endeavor CCU and I wouldn't mind seeing it go Bengal sized with $1500 price... uhm, well, simply put I don't think that'll happen. It might grow to the size of a Hull E (370m), sure, maybe. But it's not going to be 1km long. It's currently 200m, and that might be bit short if you consider one third of the 2nd stage of the ship should be the size of a hangar module with "room for multiple Cutlass Red's." Like based on that, yes, it'll grow in size. A lot. But I'm thinking more like, +50% or +100%. Not +400%.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
Hmm, not sure if this helps, or just muddies it even more, but they were discussing it here
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC7onjXyex0&t=1h6m30s

There was some ambiguity to that dialogue, but the way I see it, they're comparing the number "around 2800" to what the Hull C can carry, and basically talking as if that 2800 is cargo not including shop inventories.

Additionally, based on the cargo hold size, that space seems more than adequate to hold 3000ish cargo. Here is how I got there: the side view shows 5*3*3 of those really long containers. In the picture of the crane operator, we see there are two of those 5*3*3 container stacks with a path in the middle. Those containers are four times (Well, 4.35 times to be exact but it's a concept image and I'm not sure which pixel is the actual corner) as long as they are tall, so they should be something like 8*2*2 SCU containers. Coincidentally, or perhaps not so coincidentally, 8*2*2 * 5*3*3 * 2 gives you 2880 SCU capacity for the cargo hold.

I'd really turn this issue around, and say we don't know if the shops bring in additional inventory space, or if they just sell directly from the cargo hold. But I'm reasonably certain that, at least at this time, 2880 refers to the cargo hold capacity.
I’ll wager a 12 pack that it will be no more than $800 tops.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Oh, the Sanctuary is probably like a Sauna with a Jacuzzi inside of it, so, $1200 easy.
While this would be incredible, I don't see this happening as they effectively have it on the 890J. However, CIG might surprise us with whatever the Banu equivalent would be based on the lore they're still developing. Like they added in the scratch wall with the Xi'an Railen cargo hauler.

While I do have Endeavor CCU and I wouldn't mind seeing it go Bengal sized with $1500 price... uhm, well, simply put I don't think that'll happen. It might grow to the size of a Hull E (370m), sure, maybe. But it's not going to be 1km long. It's currently 200m, and that might be bit short if you consider one third of the 2nd stage of the ship should be the size of a hangar module with "room for multiple Cutlass Red's." Like based on that, yes, it'll grow in size. A lot. But I'm thinking more like, +50% or +100%. Not +400%.
This is my simplified speculation about the future length of the Endeavor. I suspect that yes, it will grow, but the overall length will depend on which components are attached & used per build. The longest being it having the dual double farming pods with something in between. If those pods are going to be large enough to provide enough food to sustain its own crew as well as have any to spare, those will have to be quite large. Which would tell me that they would most likely increase the connection size of them to compensate for the growth there. Meanwhile, if you do something like a storage pod, a fuel pod & the hangar which rests underneath, that would probably be the shortest version (about a Hull D) while still having all 3 slots maintained since the hangar connection area wouldn't require any additional space due to that hanging below & out of the way. So I'll guess that CIG will aim to keep the overall length of the Endeavor at most to about as long as a Jav. Which with all of it's potential functionality & game play options would still boost it's end price to at least 1500-2k.

The Main ship (front segment) will most likely be approx 90m - 100m itself with the rear fuel & thrusters portion being about the same.

My hunch is that they nerf the guns and/or armor during later balancing to reflect its mercantile status, so go for a $750-$800-range price tag.
The problem I see with this theory, while still admitting this is possible, is that it'll be the weapons, armor & shields that will be what still allows it to be the originally stated blockade runner, instead of sheer speed.

I’ll wager a 12 pack that it will be no more than $800 tops.
This is a rather risky wager to offer in a place that appreciates 42% more beer. Best of luck. Lucky for you, I don't drink.

Reactions: FZD

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
My hunch is that they nerf the guns and/or armor during later balancing to reflect its mercantile status, so go for a $750-$800-range price tag.
For the BMM, think less merchant ship more Galleon. It is an armed and armored transporter designed to act as the primary vessels in Banu defense forces. She'll be relatively quick in a straight line and be able to obliterate whatever sits still in front of her, but getting those massive guns on-target will be a task in that beast. I also suspect additional downsides in the form of a super hot EM signature, added danger of being a big shiny loot box, and the ever-enjoyable rare parts that are hard to find/repair. Balance can be found without yanking her teeth

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
While this would be incredible, I don't see this happening as they effectively have it on the 890J. However, CIG might surprise us with whatever the Banu equivalent would be based on the lore they're still developing. Like they added in the scratch wall with the Xi'an Railen cargo hauler.
Well, I may have been joking about the Jacuzzi-in-Sauna. If it were to actually happen, then sure, I will claim to have prophetic abilities, but like, yeah.

This is my simplified speculation about the future length of the Endeavor. I suspect that yes, it will grow, but the overall length will depend on which components are attached & used per build. The longest being it having the dual double farming pods with something in between. If those pods are going to be large enough to provide enough food to sustain its own crew as well as have any to spare, those will have to be quite large. Which would tell me that they would most likely increase the connection size of them to compensate for the growth there. Meanwhile, if you do something like a storage pod, a fuel pod & the hangar which rests underneath, that would probably be the shortest version (about a Hull D) while still having all 3 slots maintained since the hangar connection area wouldn't require any additional space due to that hanging below & out of the way. So I'll guess that CIG will aim to keep the overall length of the Endeavor at most to about as long as a Jav. Which with all of it's potential functionality & game play options would still boost it's end price to at least 1500-2k.
Well, I will certainly wait to see what future brings for Endeavor, but the problem I see with it getting a massive price hike, is that, a lot of its price is divided to the various component sets. Would the price of the empty hull go to 1500? Don't think so. Would the total of, say, hangar + two science modules, or hangar + 2x bio domes, on top of the base hull, go to 1500? Maybe. But it could be that the farming modules get bumped to 250 each, hangar goes to 300 and then the base ship is still just 700. Like, that's how you could get it to 1500.

As a side note, the biodomes don't actually need to be all that huge. You'll be growing some GMO'd to hell and back spaceweed that grows 3000 kcal worth of food on the palm of your hand in a day. And then you can do some fancy 3D farming to grow enough for the entirety of Arc Corp inside 1 SCU worth of space, like, you got to get very close to a star or something to get all that energy, which is why you can't do it in some basement on ArcCorp, but you don't need to have like huge fields or anything. Now, I'm obviously exaggerating but, I mean, it's ultimately a game so they can decide the farming tech to be as advanced and as efficient as they'd like. Anyhow, if they need to get the biodome to be 50m lengthwise, they can easily make it so. It's much harder with something like the hangar module, that has to actually fit ships inside of it that are of predetermined size already.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
I suspect the lowball numbers are overly optimistic.

The ship is more luxurious than anything by Origin, and has more gameplay than anything by Origin.

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
From a legal point of view, if you have purchased both CCU, that is not possible if they are in hangar.

It is legally possible in buyback as you do not own it technically anymore.
there are a lot of loops with legality technically they don't owe us anything since this is a crowd funded project.

• o7
Reactions: FZD and Talonsbane
Forgot your password?