I tried, God i tried not to. Resistance is futile

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
I've got the 16000m which is good for the price. I'm not gonna spend big bucks on one I'm only going to use part of the time.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Okay I've just been enlightened to the fact that Dual Stick/No Throttle is a thing? I can't quite figure out how this is usable because very demo setup I see online is ass backwards, but I feel like leaning forward into two sticks should give me some kind of tron light cycle racing my fucking eyeballs out of my head shit should be happening and it would be amazing. I think that if you could properly set up a dual stick with rudder pedals to help control your ship you could do some amazing things.

Let's put our heads together and find the absolute best twin stick setup and layout we can shall we?

LET THE BRAINSTORM COMMENCE!
I think a pair of 2DOF sticks set up so that pushing them both forward/back gives you pitch, both sideways is roll and such (like this) would be the coolest thing ever, and super intuitive.

Reactions: KingNerd

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I think a pair of 2DOF sticks set up so that pushing them both forward/back gives you pitch, both sideways is roll and such (like this) would be the coolest thing ever, and super intuitive.
So with this you have a decent control of your ship with maneuverability in mind but we would then use what, foot pedals like a car for gas and brake? Or throttle up and down, airbrake/boost or whatever :) Actually that sounds pretty cool lol

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
So with this you have a decent control of your ship with maneuverability in mind but we would then use what, foot pedals like a car for gas and brake? Or throttle up and down, airbrake/boost or whatever :) Actually that sounds pretty cool lol
I was thinking an analog stick or a 5 way hat would be good for throttle and sway, but that's just because I'm not planning on getting pedals any time soon. Also I don't feel the need for super accurate throttle/sway control, but that might just be because I'm not a very good pilot.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Forgot your password?