O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
Greetings TESTies,
If you own an Idris Upgrade Kit please read and act!

It has recently come to my attention that CIG is attempting a bamboozle on the Idris Upgrade Kit insurance from the anniversary sale. They have previously stated during the sale that it will inherit the insurance of the ship but that may not be the case per customer service response to tickets.

Here is my concierge ticket I have submitted and ask that you do similarly this weekend.

"Plainly, I want the Idris Upgrade Kit to be made LTI as it was advertised by CIG staff.

I did not own an Idris-P or the Kit before the sale of the Kit. The driving factor behind buying the Idris was having an LTI set of weapons to accompany the ship.

If the statements in this spectrum thread are true I do not appreciate being lied to. I will have lost confidence in what is advertised versus what I will receive. I have already pledged $XX,XXX.XX and intended on pledging more but this kit situation makes me question my contributions. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65292/thread/is-the-300-idris-k-buk-thing-lti-or-not

Please make the right decision and provide what was promised already. I have already seen insurance corrections made on a Javelin I purchased so I know it's a possibility.

Thank you,
O-Lefty"

PublicWifi

Commander
Dec 14, 2018
RSI Handle
PublicWifi
CIG, can you just make it LTI, especially if "72 months is practically LTI" anyhow? What does it cost you? We just spent $300 on a set of weapons for our LTI ship that cost $1500. I don't understand why you are going to piss off your largest supporters for no reason or payout. Please. Just make it LTI, and we'll all be happy.
If I spent $1,800 I'd want LTI. If I knew someone that spent $1,800 - I'd want them to have LTI.

Considering people spent $75~ for LTI on their Tali modules... c'mon CIG.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Not sure what's going on with this issue really but clearly their internal communication was severely flawed in this case.

I'm optimistic they'll fix it to be LTI like concierge support stated.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I thought the kit when on sale said specifically that it had 72 month insurance. So you want to claim it has to have LTI because some CIG employee said so on Spectrum?

What did it say when you purchased it, 72 months?

Am I reading this complaint correctly?

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
It was started in concierge chat during the sale that the kit would inherit the ships insurance when applied. Recent responses to concierge requests have said the 72 month insurance was intended. I bought it based on a paid CIG employees word that was providing assistance/answers during the sale saying it would be LTI, essentially.

I've been bamboozled. Unless they are just internally confused... which is likely...

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
CIG's handling of insurance thus far is not only confusing (especially for new players) but also a hot dumpster fire of inconsistency. If LTI isn't that important as claimed, why hide it behind the warbond paywall? Just make all the ships bought thus far have LTI and all new cash ships have it by default, for the rest of the alpha. Congrats, no new citizens feel hurt by thinking they made the wrong decision because they bought some new package with only 6months and people aren't hoarding buy back LTI tokens.

Reactions: Deroth

8rawler

Vice Admiral
Jan 5, 2018
RSI Handle
8rawler
why dont we worry about it in (insert number of years until it goes live)+6 years...

How often do you expect to get blowed up? I plan to pwn the verse...

Remember if you paid real money, it never leaves your account, items w/o insurance would just cost more to resurrect, it wouldnt be gone forever.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Just another reason to not own an idris P.

Its becoming increasingly clear that these cap ships are a collosal waste of money compared to other ships.

Forgot your password?