If anyone here lives in the UK, do me a favor...

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Last edited:
Reactions: Tooterfish

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
What the hell...
It always makes me sad to see historic pubs get changed but destroyed is a whole new level.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Not much we can do really. Like Trick Shot Bob said, it's good to see Westminster City Council standing firm and seeking further possible legal action, but that's pretty much all we can do to hold them accountable. I doubt we'll see it rebuilt, more likely the landlord will receive compensation from the developers in an out of court settlement.

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Even though they may be forced to rebuild it the reason for knocking it down was to prevent it from becoming a listed historical property (I think, haven't looked too deeply) which would keep them from demoing it in the future.
By destroying and fixing it now they can actually tear it down much easier later on (if the rambling in the comments section of imgur is to be trusted)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
That's kind of sickening. The fact that they'll likely get away with it through some kind of legal chicanery makes it even worse. I hate seeing historical artifacts and locations destroyed, especially when it's with malice aforethought.

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Agreed. I can only hope they force its restoration and continued preservation, perhaps the UK has an eminent domain clause that would be suitable?

Forgot your password?