If you pre-order Star Wars Squadrons....

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Long before that even. 😭

EA is where good studios and IPs go to die.
If I had the funds to burn with plenty to spare, I'd purchase ALL of the former IP of Chris Roberts back from EA so that 1 of the future enemies of the UEE in a future version of SQ42 could be the Kilrathy as the Wing Commander franchise would be home where it belongs. Unfortunately, I'm currently living paycheck to paycheck for the foreseeable future.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Anyone else find it odd there was no crosshair reticle of any kind on the gameplay they showed? Seemed like you were just eyeballing all of the shots and came across to me as very arcade-like.
Found this:
Squadrons won't have a leading reticle either, which grounds it in something closer to a WWII dogfighter. Frazier explains: "We wanted you to look at the ships and stay in the environment, and we felt like the moment we added a leading radical it started to become more of the UI game and less the Star Wars pilot game" However, the color of the aiming reticle will change to signal when a properly aimed shot will hit.
So there will be a reticle I guess?

In https://www.pcgamer.com/drifting-engine-boosts-and-overcharged-lasers-how-combat-works-in-star-wars-squadrons/

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
For years people got onto me for speaking out against EA after what they did to WestWood Studio and their games 'Earth and Beyond' and 'Command and Conquer', it is nice to see that the majority of the gaming community finally sees EA for their trash treatment of IPs and customers.

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
Anyone else find it odd there was no crosshair reticle of any kind on the gameplay they showed? Seemed like you were just eyeballing all of the shots and came across to me as very arcade-like.
First off, Squadrons looks like crap. Secondly, based on the game play video, the crosshair is actually the targeting computer, which looks like it gives a slight aim assist once you lock onto a target.

Forgot your password?