Impressed! I got 17-21fps in Levski with a 970

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The first time I went to Levski in Evocati, I was rocking a scenic 2fps!

I felt like it was destroying my first experience of this magical place, so I avoided it until today.

If I can get 20fps at this early stage, Im feeling very hopeful!

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
You should post the url to the guide here so that us lazy ones don't have to go looking for it.
I will have to find it again, I think it was on the redacted forums... or maybe our glorious leader could call CR and have him up our fps a little...

Reactions: Mich Angel

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
I get about 20 at Levski with an i5, 770 GTX, and several other placeholder components in my PC. The game will run easily enough, I think any low FPS issues people are having is due to server issues and possibly also software installed on their PC which inhibits SC. Shadowplay, and a few other programs that come with your graphics card and frequently get installed with the drivers should be disabled for best results.

Edit: This is the latest video for tweaking performance from BG, but he himself said it is somewhat out of date and will make a new one in the future.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz1ds9Y2V9s

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I love those moments, I had a lucky run the other day, did a cargo run to Daymar - Levski and on arrival at Levski I was greeted by 20+FPS for me that is very rare so I was ecstatic landed and whent for a long walkabout inside Levski..
( yeah! I forgot about the cargo I had in the Freelancer LMAO )

Sadly it eventually dropped down to single number fps some time it was up to almost 15, so I decided to log back to main menu and try another server and as I was waiting for it to load back to main menu it hit me .....my cargo nooo.....

So logged back in and had to start at Olisar hmm... so a short flight later I was back at Levski with fairly good FPS, ship was secure stored and cargo all okay.. WOOHOO!!

I for one have great hope too.. it's just magical sometime to play and yeah some time it's a nightmare... LMAO

:beer: :beers:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
What were your settings to get 20FPS with the 970? I'm rocking a 970 also and stopped playing till i was going to upgrade as i want to ensure i'm having a good experience before i start having fun.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
What were your settings to get 20FPS with the 970? I'm rocking a 970 also and stopped playing till i was going to upgrade as i want to ensure i'm having a good experience before i start having fun.
Heck, I have been running a gtx 960 the whole time, with no tweaking. I think it has more to do with RAM then the GPU. I noticed when I added in another 16gb my framerates really picked up.

That might be coincidence, but when first connecting on a new server, I have ran a 74FPS, which swiftly dropped down to 60, then 50, then 30, then hung at 20ish as more and more folks piled onto the server.

But normally, I run 15-30 fps on average.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
The first time I went to Levski in Evocati, I was rocking a scenic 2fps!

I felt like it was destroying my first experience of this magical place, so I avoided it until today.

If I can get 20fps at this early stage, Im feeling very hopeful!
Nice to hear.

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
I get about 20 at Levski with an i5, 770 GTX, and several other placeholder components in my PC. The game will run easily enough, I think any low FPS issues people are having is due to server issues and possibly also software installed on their PC which inhibits SC. Shadowplay, and a few other programs that come with your graphics card and frequently get installed with the drivers should be disabled for best results.

Edit: This is the latest video for tweaking performance from BG, but he himself said it is somewhat out of date and will make a new one in the future.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz1ds9Y2V9s
Okay he has a 3.0 guide out on the Redacted tv forums. It’s very in-depth, but people seem to be having luck with it. It took me about an hour to go through it... now I’m getting between 115-55 fps on the loading screen...lol

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I use a costum user.cfg.
Usally i have 15-25 FPS in Levski (with some drops sometimes)
i5-4690k@4500 MHZ (something i bought for arma 3 this little cpu hungry bitch)
GTX 970
16GB Ram (DDR3)
Res: 1920x1080
Graphics set to medium
Usally GPU idles at 30-40% (GPU-Z) with some spikes up to 70-80% (I never tried tweaking it towards more graphic)

I'm not on my computer but i can post it here later

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
I'm at 15-33 depending on the area. at Levski about 17-20. BUT yesterday almost all my ships (cept the buccy) were on pimp my ride mode and couldn't even be used. Only the Starfarer was able to be used for a cargo run

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
So that’s where all my fps went to. I’m going to give boardgamer ‘s optimizing guide a try.
For those looking, myself included, here is BoredGamer's new 3.0 Optimization Link:
https://forums.redacted.tv/threads/star-citizen-performance-guide.1235/

I have not tried this one yet but plan to as soon as able. Looks to be mostly the same as the 2.6 guide which I had already incorporated/implemented.

Does anyone else find that the TCP/IP Optimizer settings are not persistent? Mine keep reverting to default during the mandatory restart.

'Gimp

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I left Task Manager open to see what was going on while I was playing.

Was surprised to see the AMD Phenom 2 running at 58% to 65%, didn't seem to be stressing it. Also was very surprised to see my aged GTX750 "3D" in task manager at 70% i'd assumed it'd have been off the charts. What was taking a kicking was the GPU memory, 2GB maxed out constantly but the 4gb cache (probably in the SSD) was not touched. The 8GB of RAM was also getting spanked stupid running pretty much full-on all the way through the session.

Forgot your password?