Interesting Kickstarter

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
That actually looks pretty impressive!

I already backed Star Citizen, that just looks like Star Citizen lite, but I do like seeing more games in the genre so I hope it does well!

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Looks like fun, and on the strength of that vid I've backed for £30.

But I'm curious why the funding goal is so low. I guess it'll get funded many times over, but if it only just makes that funding goal, it would pay for the salary of one fairly inexperienced developer for six months. I suppose development is actually quite far on already, funded by their previous games' income, and they're mainly just looking to generate interest for the game on Kickstarter and Steam while they finish it up. Does that sound right?

• o7
Reactions: Scape and Deroth

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Meh...
I'm not goingo to say that the project sucks but it has a lot of not so good point...
First of all the total goals is a bit low for a game, even is the cost is partially cover by the sells of a previes one... take a look at the KS of "Pillars of Etherninty" has done some years ago for a comparison...
Another think that fail to impress me is the showed gameplay: this is sold a sequel of another game, so the base code I'll expect to be common to some extent.... then you show a video with AI enemy standing in T-pose??? Something not right there...
Also 90% of the video is space combat with 3rd person view, similar to game like Erverspace, but then you post an image of a ship cockpit down below.

Hmm don't know, considering the mount of planned feature, the bugs show and the goal set... is sound a bit fishy to me...

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I've been playing for the last 3 years the first game already (SpaceBourne ), its a one man made game. He is now seeking funds to hire some more help to make the game more polished (first goal is to add more ships). Its mostly funds for cosmetics.

The base mechanics is already there thanks to the first game, which I like a lot !

I discovered the first game thanks to my Steam queue like 3 years ago.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Looks like fun, and on the strength of that vid I've backed for £30.
Unfortunately the Kickstarter did not reach its funding goal and failed. No money will be collected from backers this time around. However, the guy developing it, Burak Dabak in Turkey, sent a nice message to prospective backers thanking them and saying "I will relaunch the campaign with the demo of SpaceBourne 2 after a few months."

Forgot your password?