Invictus / DefenseCon - What did you pick up or change?

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Mule - Fresh $
Legionnaire - Fresh $
X-wing - CCU'd
Idris P - Credits
A few other CCU's, and finally scored my Wing Commander F8C
Nice scoring an F8C! my "last minute" pick up was the Eclipse....the ship I didn't know I needed...hearing torpedoes hit ships is soooo satisfying.

Reactions: Daak Gelrin

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Got the Mule also the Vulture and Dragonfly was thinking about the Corsair but already have the Aquila so didn't see the need for that one that's about it other than the Carrack .
I'll use my Corsair as a daily, as for a Carrack, i'm, waiting to see what the MISC Odyssey will be like..interesting as it mines it's own quantainium and has a hydrogen scoop.

Reactions: Lethal1961

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I was so impressed by Vulture displayed at Drake DefenseCon, that I checked its upgrade options. The only ship I could theoretically decommission was Gladius, the ship I'm using for hard flying only, but I wasn't sure about upgrading it to salvager. I checked ship loaner matrix, and to my surprise I found that Vulture loaners are Prospector (interesting choice) and... Buccaneer!

I'm a proud owner of the Vulture LTI now, with the very cool space miner and the "huge-engines-with-the-small-ship-attached-to-them" fighter on loan. I do not invest in any concept ship unless it has a useful loaner or loaners, or unless it can be purchased as cheap CCU or CCUs to one of the flyable ships I already own.

In this case I didn't even have to spend any real money on the new ship, as I upgraded Gladius to Vulture and used store credits to pay the difference. If I need a fast light fighter once the salvager is released, I would buy Gladius again, either on RSI store or in game.

Ship loaner matrix for reference --

Nice Vulture pictures by BARTISHERE --
View: https://twitter.com/BARTISHERE87/status/1531021680205758466

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
As a side note: Is it likely that the SRV, Vulcan, Apollo, or Liberator will appear on\before IAE this year (I'll be grabbing a personal "last mile" CCU for the ones I don't have, just wondering if it's worth grabbing more for chains, or hold off until later for them)?
Who knows, but unlikely.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I was so impressed by Vulture displayed at Drake DefenseCon, that I checked its upgrade options. The only ship I could theoretically decommission was Gladius, the ship I'm using for hard flying only, but I wasn't sure about upgrading it to salvager. I checked ship loaner matrix, and to my surprise I found that Vulture loaners are Prospector (interesting choice) and... Buccaneer!

I'm a proud owner of the Vulture LTI now, with the very cool space miner and the "huge-engines-with-the-small-ship-attached-to-them" fighter on loan. I do not invest in any concept ship unless it has a useful loaner or loaners, or unless it can be purchased as cheap CCU or CCUs to one of the flyable ships I already own.

In this case I didn't even have to spend any real money on the new ship, as I upgraded Gladius to Vulture and used store credits to pay the difference. If I need a fast light fighter once the salvager is released, I would buy Gladius again, either on RSI store or in game.

Ship loaner matrix for reference --

Nice Vulture pictures by BARTISHERE --
View: https://twitter.com/BARTISHERE87/status/1531021680205758466
I have one also. Just stopped back there to have one last quick look...the pilot's chair looks fantastic.

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
So far...

2x Mule
Vulcan
Terrapin
SRV
MSR (melted my Fortuna 2950 Pack, and CCU chained this standalone one.)
600i (CCU Chained to a C2, then picked up a C2 > 600i CCU from a friend)
Scorpius
A few WB CCUs for next sale
Paints

Still have $160 in store credit to spend. Debating between a Gemini (35% off), a C2 (38% off) or a Caterpillar (36% off).

Reactions: Patrick Spaceman

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Got the Mule also the Vulture and Dragonfly was thinking about the Corsair but already have the Aquila so didn't see the need for that one that's about it other than the Carrack .
Will see how the Corsair (I'm waiting for mine) turns out, could be a complete dog (I wanted a Redeemer...so I hired one and flew it.....hated it....parked it up till the hire time ran dry)

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
One ship I picked up late via a Mule CCU was....the Avenger Titan....
What an awesome ship! it's perfect for bunker and box missions. It's now my preferred daily driver over my Cutlass. Once IAE rolls around again I will upgrade it to the "Renegade"..I tried doing some box missions with an Aurora LN instead of the Cutlass...throw the waste boxes behind the seat....then tractor beam them out the door once done....yeah..nah. (Also there's nice subscriber skins for the Avenger that I already have, and look pretty good)

.ScreenShot-2022-06-02_19-16-22-7CE.jpgScreenShot-2022-06-03_10-35-09-5A1.jpg

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I almost got a Dragonfly ages ago, but opted for a Nox Kue...so sexy Japanese space bike..

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Ahhhhh....Only money:drunk:
Got that X winged Gem with two external storage units and a Mule to leave in whatever carrier I plant my virtual butt in:o7:

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
A Dragonfly is the only ground vehicle I have. It isn't as fast as a Nox, but more versatile, IMHO.
Absolutely more versatile, second seat and a small amount of cargo....just not as sexy.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Ahhhhh....Only money:drunk:
Got that X winged Gem with two external storage units and a Mule to leave in whatever carrier I plant my virtual butt in:o7:
Watching the wings unfold, will never get old.

• Glorious
Reactions: GPcustoms
Forgot your password?