Invictus / DefenseCon - What did you pick up or change?

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Corsair concept
Scorpius
Eclipse
I already had the Corsair, but I also picked up the other two...apparently the cockpit light in the Eclipse has been busted for a few patches. Still love seeing the size 9 torps hit things..

Starscribe

Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Eclipse.

Interesting to see it mentioned so often. It's the lazy farmer's high value bounty ship. And that's why I love it! Traded up from Freelancer MIS.

Love that ship but as I have a Banu Defender, Connie Andromeda and Vanguard Sentinel with Harbinger CCU I couldn't see a reason to keep it. I don't even need those three.. If anyone has a view on which to get rid of I'm all ears, I just love them all for different reasons.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Eclipse.

Interesting to see it mentioned so often. It's the lazy farmer's high value bounty ship. And that's why I love it! Traded up from Freelancer MIS.

Love that ship but as I have a Banu Defender, Connie Andromeda and Vanguard Sentinel with Harbinger CCU I couldn't see a reason to keep it. I don't even need those three.. If anyone has a view on which to get rid of I'm all ears, I just love them all for different reasons.
I took the wing mounted guns off mine....just have torpedoes. Guns on an Eclipse = Nope that's not my job.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
i got nada i already have to much and nothing really made me feel like i wanted to much
There's only a few more ships I want, and that's it. Ships for most UEC making tasks and many basic rolls covered.

Reactions: Doc Flanigan

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
If anyone has a view on which to get rid of I'm all ears
Mostly subjective, but of those three, I'd axe the Defender. Connie is so HUGELY versatile, I think it's a good one to keep around for when you don't have a specific task in mind, and just want to go do *something.* And my guess is that the Vanguard will continue to persist as a top-tier fighter-with-a-bed, leaving the Defender with only it's 'cool' factor as its main argument. But in true SC fashion one must ask: Why not ALL of 'em?!? :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Mostly subjective, but of those three, I'd axe the Defender. Connie is so HUGELY versatile, I think it's a good one to keep around for when you don't have a specific task in mind, and just want to go do *something.* And my guess is that the Vanguard will continue to persist as a top-tier fighter-with-a-bed, leaving the Defender with only it's 'cool' factor as its main argument. But in true SC fashion one must ask: Why not ALL of 'em?!? :D
The Defender has beds, long range, and is fun as hell to fly.

But yes, why not all of them. *cries owlish tears into his empty wallet*

• o7
Reactions: Dirtbag_Leader

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
The Defender has beds, long range, and is fun as hell to fly.
I haven't flown the Defender in quite a while, and while this is all true, I recall the 'shortcomings' of it being only a size 1 QT drive and not really anything for the copilot to do. This made me think it inferior to the other medium fighters with turrets, but having beds certainly is a major advantage. Is the small drive and lack of gunner functionality still valid?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
With packs such as the mule\cutlass black ones: If you buy the warbond version and later melt it, is the buyback price the warbond or non-warbond amount (I know insurance duration shouldn't change)?

Also, does the buyback price on warbond ships go to the "full" price if you later melt them, or does it stay fixed at the original warbond price?

Lemming

Vice Admiral
Apr 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Anotherlemming
With packs such as the mule\cutlass black ones: If you buy the warbond version and later melt it, is the buyback price the warbond or non-warbond amount (I know insurance duration shouldn't change)?

Also, does the buyback price on warbond ships go to the "full" price if you later melt them, or does it stay fixed at the original warbond price?
Packs are still price locked, but that is subject to change at anytime unfortunately.

minor_accident

Captain
Mar 25, 2022
RSI Handle
minor_accident

The way I understand it: If you melt something to store credit you'll only get store credit for the money that was spent, not the current offer price. However, applying that purchase to a CCU chain, I believe you get the current offer price.

Am I off base, Test?

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
The way I understand it: If you melt something to store credit you'll only get store credit for the money that was spent, not the current offer price. However, applying that purchase to a CCU chain, I believe you get the current offer price.

Am I off base, Test?
If you melt something you only get the amount paid (cash or credits) returned as store credits, but I was wondering if the "re-buy" (buy back) price for a ship or pack increased if the cheaper "warbond" version was the original item:
Mule\Cutlass pack is $120 Warbond, or $140 non-warbond: If the Warbond ($120) is purchased and then "melted" would re-buy stay at Warbond price ($120), or does it increase to the price of the non-Warbond ($140) package?
Similarly, the Mule on its own (or with concierge skin) is $40 Warbond, $45 non-Warbond: Does melting cause a "price increase" when re-buying from "buy back" in the future?

Lemming

Vice Admiral
Apr 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Anotherlemming
If you melt something you only get the amount paid (cash or credits) returned as store credits, but I was wondering if the "re-buy" (buy back) price for a ship or pack increased if the cheaper "warbond" version was the original item:
Mule\Cutlass pack is $120 Warbond, or $140 non-warbond: If the Warbond ($120) is purchased and then "melted" would re-buy stay at Warbond price ($120), or does it increase to the price of the non-Warbond ($140) package?
Similarly, the Mule on its own (or with concierge skin) is $40 Warbond, $45 non-Warbond: Does melting cause a "price increase" when re-buying from "buy back" in the future?
At this moment, standalone ships and packs don't reprice. That is subject to change at any moment though unfortunately

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
From the last sale, I just shuffled some credits around. I had a Endeavor master set in my hangar that is not going to see the light of day possibly ever so melted that and upgraded some vehicles to a C2, Retaliator, Scorpius and Hurricane.

They will probably get changed this alien week.

Forgot your password?